22.

The car came to a sudden halt, I quickly scrambled to hide even deeper in between the crates.

Inspection.

I knew it would happen but I didn't have a fool proof plan. I could only hide between the crates  and hope they won't notice me. The problem is that it is day time now and I will be very visible. I took a deep breath.

It doesn't matter. I am already at the headquarters, they won't send me back, and even if they do I might still get a chance to see König. There was a lot of yells and laughs outside. The tilt was lifted and someone got in the back of the van, I prayed to not be noticed.

To my disappointment our eyes met, it looked like they were the only one who saw me.

"So? Everything good?"

One of the soldiers outside spoke and I watched the dark eyes look at me with confusion and surprise, I looked back with pleading eyes.

"Everything looks alright."

He was still keeping his eyes on me, he slowly grabbed the tilt and brought it over me. I was confused but grateful.

"So hop out! We don't have all day."

What just happened? Did they help me? Why?

Soon the cars were moving again and entered the headquarters. They parked near the hangars and I knew I have to act fast. I slipped from under the tilt and assessed the situation. I was starting to quickly get out of the car to hide but before I could do anything someone grabbed my arm and pulled me out of the back.

"You came with me."

They whispered into my ear. What the hell is going on?! You know what? I am not going to complain, whatever it is, they are doing me a great service. I stood behind him and finally took a good look on his uniform.

This wasn't our station.

Ooooh fuck.

This is KorTac's side entrance.

I have a feeling I will meet König easier then I expected.

"Anything wrong?"

"Nothing is wrong, we just came to remind you to not forget about reporting to the control district after you are done."

"It happened once! It won't happen again."

"Good, then start unloading the cargo."

"Yes, Sir!"

They almost rolled their eyes. The man started to walk away nudging me to do the same. He seemed to be a bit nervous but also... happy?

"You are that girl. The one our Colonel was parting with. Right?"

So that's why he helped me! He must have been a part of the group who blocked König from getting into the car. This explained a bit.

"Yeah. That's me."

He smiled and started leading me towards their main building.

---

The soldier took me to an office of a Operator, probably his superior. After he knocked on the door, someone spoke from inside.

"Come in."

He opened the door and I walked behind him, I slowly peaked my head out, curious as to who I would see. There was only person in the room and I was able to tell who it is immediately.

"Sir. Look at who I found."

I could hear the smile in the soldiers voice, obviously excited by the situation. He stepped to the side making me now visible to the man sitting on his desk, I couldn't tell whether he was looking into my eyes but I could feel his stare.

Prey On | COD reader x Ghost & KönigOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara