20.

I woke up in Simon's embrace, the memories of the previous night reappeared in my mind. I wasn't exactly sure how to react, however when I looked at his sleeping face, I didn't have the heart to leave. Actually, I didn't want to leave.

I didn't remember falling asleep with my clothes on but somehow I was wearing a really big shirt. I guessed it must be Simon's.

My heart beat got faster the longer I laid there, not being able to believe that this was indeed reality. However a part of me wished to be able to see his full face, but I wouldn't take off his mask without his permission. I was not going to break his trust simply because of my wants.

I caressed his face, it was smooth, I could feel it through the mask even if just a bit. Clearly shaved recently, I tried to imagine how his blond hair looked, were they light blond or dirty blond color?

"Did you sleep well?"

I was so engrossed in his beauty in my head that I didn't realize he had woken up. Now that I looked from up close, his eyes looked like button eyes on a plush toy. His brown irises perfectly round, dark enough to make his pupils hard to tell apart.

"Like never before."

"That's good."

He closed his eyes again, pulling me closer and for the first time in a long time, I wished he wouldn't let me go.

---

I was running towards the Evac spot where all the deploys were issued. They must have not left yet, I couldn't be late. I had to see him, in case it was the last time.

I watched as the KorTac soldiers filled the two cars, ready to take off and leave to our station. I saw König get ready to hop into one of them, until he saw me, he was a little torn apart, unsure if he should leave without a goodbye.

The other soldiers must have noticed his hesitance they looked at me waving to their Colonel, they proceeded to block his way to the car. Making his choice easier, he sheepishly made his way towards me almost running at full speed.

By now I knew König is a little anxious around others, so I opened my arms for him. The moment he was by my side he wrapped his arms around me picking me off the ground, and I felt my heart flutter.

"I will see you soon, Mein Shatz."

He whispered into my ear, my face buried in the crook of his neck. After a long moment we both parted our embrace, his hands held my shoulders as his eyes smiled at me behind the mask.

"Be well until then."

"You too, kochanie." - (my love)

I waved to König as he got into his car, but before I could leave I was stopped by another soldier. He was wearing glasses and a mask, his arms crossed on his chest as he stood next to me.

I could remember him from the sparing training! I think his name was Horangi?

"Our Colonel seemed to take a liking towards you."

His voice sounded distant but friendly at the same time, quite an achievement.

"It looks like it."

I smiled at him awkwardly.

"Umm... Thanks for getting me out... You know."

He looked at his team as the first car left.

"It's our job."

I nodded along, still feeling grateful. He turned his head back towards me, he seemed to be trying to read me.

"Are you a friend? Or a foe?"