32.

NOTE: WE HAVE OFFICIALLY HIT 100K VIEWS!!! THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH FOR EVERYTHING!! As soon as I finish the next chapter I will upload it, but I wanted to make sure it was really good this time :D

---

Ghost was sitting on the table as I watched the doctor leave. He hasn't said anything since we left the enemy grounds. Was he ashamed? Embarrassed? Feeling guilty? It was hard to tell. Soap went ahead to report to Price together with Garrick, once we were assured that Ghost is going to be fine they didn't spare any comments on how he will be getting an earful on this.

Their little jokes didn't seem to help my mood, but their relaxed and care free acting?? did brighten the atmosphere. No organs have been hit although it was really close, the doctor approved of my quick action, saying that getting the bullet out was the most crucial in that case. He wouldn't have made it half way to base before bleeding out.

I turned to Simon, he was holding the mask leaving the balaclava on, lower part of his torso now wrapped in a bandage. Only when he was done being treated by a proper medic did I feel the guilt and nervousness wash away.

"How are you feeling?"

"Like shit. But I have been through worse."

I am sure he did. I saw the scars adorning his body, some fresh, some of them not fully healing even after the years that passed by. I took a deep breath as I relaxed a bit.

"It's just one bullet, none of the vital points were touched. You don't need to worry."

"This one bullet could have killed you if I wasn't there. What were you two so absorbed in that you couldn't pay attention to your surroundings? What was so much more important in that moment other than your safety?!"

The feelings finally turned into words, he didn't look fazed by me raising my voice and it stung a little. He kept quiet his eyes following the movement of my hands.

"Do you really have no excuse whatsoever?!"

That's when he looked away, thinking deeply about his next words. He better chose them wisely.

"So?"

"You."

I stopped and looked him in the eyes.

"What?"

"You. We were talking about you. You're the only thing that occupies my mind. There. Happy?"

He was serious. He got up from the bed walking towards me, I backed up into the desk. The skull discarded on the bed, Simon was more focused on trapping me beneath him.

"Ghost."

"Y/n."

His hand reached to my face, softly grabbing my chin, making my skin feel like it was melting under his touch. Even the gloves couldn't hold of the warmth his palms were emitting, for a short moment I hoped he would throw them off so I could feel his skin against my body once more.

In the next one however I was reminded about the anger still filling my heart, the flame was much smaller then a month ago, when I first found out about what happened. Since that time I had learned that the more I see Ghost, the less I am able to hold on to it. And today after his and Soaps stunt I wasn't sure if I could keep the fire burning.

"It's you who told me to do so before, so listen to me as I plead."

His hands grabbed mine as he slid to the floor, getting on his knees. This was so unlike him. This wasn't Ghost. This was whatever has been left from Simon.

"I beg you. Y/n."

I could see his pained expression even with the balaclava on. His eyes gave away everything that he was currently holding deep in his heart.