24.

König looked at me with wide eyes, I wasn't sure whether he was surprised or confused, or maybe both. He hasn't heard me talk much in Polish before so it probably must have sounded weird.

"What did you say?"

I had to make something up.

"That it's nice of you to want me safe."

He looked even more curious, like he just found something he has never seen before. He moved closer to me, his hand slowly moving to rest on my waist.

Oh my God. I forgot how hot his hands were. The things I would lat them do to me- Shade! Get your shit together!

"It was Polish right? How many languages do you know?"

He looked like all of his exhaustion was dispersed and had turned into excitement that focused solely on me.

"I speak three but I know four."

"Four? Which ones exactly?"

He sounded genuinely shocked, but now I was worried. He has no idea I speak German. Do I lie to him or do I say the truth?

"I speak Polish, English, a bit of broken Spanish and..."

Do I?

He looked at me with anticipation. His puppy eyes... I can't say 'no' to this man.

"German."

I spoke with a sheepish smile and watched as his excitement turned into a look of horror, puppy eyes glossing over, the embarrassment and fear written on his visible features.

"You... speak...?"

"Yes."

I said before he could continue, quickly grabbing the hand that rested on my side, afraid that he would take it away. Even in this situation I was craving his touch.

"You were acting so sweet, I didn't want to ruin it."

He kept quiet, unsure how he should react. I don't blame him, he was calling me all the sweet stuff, not knowing I understood every single word.

"W-why didn't you say anything?"

"I was going to tell you eventually but... I wanted for you to keep calling me that more."

"That...?"

"Mein Liebling, Schatz, Mause. All of that."

His eyes softened and he seemed to calm down but not entirely, he still looked nervous. His breathing became quicker, his whole demeanor felt like the one that I saw on the rescue mission. It made something in me spark.

"I like it."

This time I sounded out of breath, my smile much more relaxed then before as I tried to reassure him. His eyes looked deep into mine and I could feel it doing something to me. It was the truth, his words made me feel good, they calmed me down.

"I really do."

He wasn't saying anything and I wasn't sure whether it was a right thing to do.

---

His breath caught in his throat as you spoke. You liked it. You liked when he called you his little mouse, his treasure. His love. Was he dreaming? Did he fall asleep and not notice?

He couldn't care right now. All that mattered was that you were in front of him and saying you liked his affection. You wanted it. You weren't going to push him away. Taking it slow payed out. Königs grip on your waist tightened and he dragged you closer, pressing you into his chest.