21

Her smile fell her expression turned into one I could only describe as disturbed and bothered, I also heard Price sigh at my statement as well.

"Y/n, KorTac is-"

"KorTac will take me. It's the safest place for me."

"They don't trust me and I don't trust them."

"Oh really? Because they were the ones to get me back, not the task force. Also, weren't you the one who sent them?"

I feel like I am arguing with my mother.

"I didn't have a choice!"

"You had many! And I know they made a proposal to you. I am not even going to ask why everything seems to flow through you and not the person you are trying to sell."

"I am not selling you!"

Persha got up so fast that her chair fell back, the rising anger evident in her voice.

"Maybe we should leave?"

I heard Soap whisper to Ghost. I turned in their direction.

"You. Should keep quiet. You knew, about everything and pretended like I wasn't going to my grave!"

"What makes you think they knew about it?"

Price was serious yet amused at the spectacle before him. I am not going to be embarrassed by this, they lied to me.

"Maybe the fact that you are all here? Like rats waiting for the poison to kick in."

"Shade, that's enough. We will talk more tomorrow. I will give you another week, think about this."

"I already made my choice."

They all stayed quiet neither did I say anything more. I just left the tent. I couldn't believe that I was thrown away once again.

Was I wrong all this time?

"Y/n stop."

Ghost's voice rang behind me, he wasn't yelling, he sounded worried. Sadly I didn't care about his worry now.

"Y/n. Stop."

Why is he following me? Just leave me alone!

I picked up my pace but he was already next to me. He grabbed me by my arm, making me face him.

"Do you really think we knew anything about this?!"

"Oh please! Why else would you care? You feel guilty! It's so easy to tell!"

His eyes looked angry. He was angry. Did I say something wrong?

"I wanted to get you."

His voice went lower then before, as he spoke slowly.

"I had no clue. None of us did. How could we have know what would happen?"

I felt a squeeze in my chest, I knew he might have been right. I still felt wronged, but I knew I shouldn't have taken it out on them.

"We waited for a few days but you wouldn't come back."

Why is he telling me this? Does he want to feel better?

"We all were worried you got yourself in some deep shit. So suck it up

"Was it a lie?"

"What?"

"Were your feelings a lie!"

"I fucking begged to go get you!"

"But it was König who did!"