Chapter 16: Bring it on

Chantel stayed frozen as Dominic kept on hugging her so tight.

"Dom" she muttered blinking severally. Did he really thought she died at the accident? Is he that worried?

"Dom" she called again.

This time Dominic eyes flew opened realizing what he just did he jerk away from her and cleared his throat. Why did he do that?

"Y.. you're a..alright?" He stuttered looking elsewhere.

"Yeah sure, I only had a scratch on my elbow since our car stopped all of a sudden when the accident happened" She explained showing the small scratch on her elbow to him.

"Oh, it good you're fine" he said.

"Were you worried about me?" She asked squinting her eyes.

"Me? Worried? Ah, n.. not really I just didn't want you to get hurt. I'll be held responsible for it you know" he said still on not looking at her.

"Tssk, you're so bad at lying. If you weren't worried then how come you hugged me so tight. Did you know you almost squeeze my bones?" She said.

"About the hug.. I.. actually just want to feel if you're okay.. that's all" he said.

"You're bad at excuses too.. what about the tears in your eyes huh? Is there any explanation for that too" she raised her brow enjoying the way the cold man was put in a tight spot.

"Tears?" Dominic raised his hand to touch his face only to find it a bit wet. Did he really cried?

"I wasn't crying.. these are just the result of the smoke.. I'm leaves" he said quickly and turn to leave.

"Hey Demon, your answer is so wrong. I know you were worried about me" Chantel said following him behind.

Enzo could only smile at the two of them.

Rana appeared behind him and spoke. "They look cute right?"

"Argh!" Enzo jerked because of her sudden voice.

"What, I'm not a witch" Rana rolled her eyes.

"Actually, I'm still confused if you're a male or female judging from your dressing and hair" Enzo said taking in her big white shirt and pencil trouser. Her hair short and her stature. She have this look that says 'Don't fuck with me'

"Huh? What the hell did you say to me. Of course I'm a female, do you have a problem with your eyes. And also this dressing is awesome, boring guys like you won't know it" Rana said walking away.

"Boring?" Enzo frowned adjusting his glasses.

"I'm not worried about you that much as you think" Dominic said.

"Is the cold Demon.. in love?" Chantel teased when they got to the car.

"Stop the question already" Dominic glare coldly at her and she went mute. He got into his car.

"Tssk, how rude" Chantel mumbled going towards the passager seat to sit.

Dominic looked at her through the mirror, she have an upset look on her face as she stared outside. Sighing, he started the car and drive away.

A figure appeared afterwards. He remove the stick of cigarette from his lips and poof out a cloud of smoke.

"I thought he'll have no weakness.. but I was wrong" Gabriel smirked.

His phone rang afterward but he ignored it.

***

✿CAFE✿