Chapter 67: Lies

"kiss me"

Lucas word repeated in Avery's head before she could finally realized what he had just said.

"Are you drunk?" Her eyes squinted as she observe the man before her. Max also wonder if his boss is drunk too.

"No, I'm perfectly fine.. but I'm wondering the same. You seem like someone who wouldn't care if I die on the cold street" Lucas said with a sly smile.

"Do you really think I'm someone that cruel? I don't care about you.. I just don't want a corpse on my head.. people would actually think I killed you" She said pouted her lips a little.

"So in one sentence.. you are worried about me" Lucas raised his brow and Avery glared at him.

"You know what fine.. don't eat" She said and went to sit.

Just then Lucas draw the food close to himself and open to eat. Avery and Max looked at him with shock.

"I'll always do the opposite of what you say Mrs president" Lucas said and began to eat.

"I'll be leaving" Max bow a little and left.

After he was done, Lucas face his work.

"Aren't you going to tell me what's happening?" Avery asked but the man was quiet.

"You know fine, forget about it" she groaned lightly and face her system.

Just then Lucas began to explain. "I was trying to track down this gangster whose identity is unknown. He attacked my cousin last night using him to send an alert that he will be coming for me Sooner..."

Avery lips dropped. Was he serious when he said he was going to do the opposite of whatever he says. Is he crazy?..

"And then I found some of his men last night and decided to give him the same message.. in double fold. Don't worry, I didn't kill anyone.. oh wait.. I killed four or five of them...

Avery titled her head one side.. he is a Mafia just like her dad.. even with his innocent look?..

"And then I got home and I was busy searching for his hiding place and I found it.. now I need a plan to go in and destroy my enemy" he concluded and gave her a smile.

"You're such a physco" Avery muttered with her lips parted.

"Thanks.. don't act cool, I know you are into something.."

"I'm not!" She cut in.

"Woah! Calm down young lady" he said lightly.

"I was into those kind of things but not anymore" she said.

"Hm, you don't miss holding a gun and seeing blood splashing all over?" He asked.

"Can you stop talking?" She asked.

"I wonder how it will look like when a girl fights like a lion" Lucas said.

"Don't stop talking" she oh and Lucas went mute.

"Tssk" Avery scoffed and continue her work. Meanwhile, Lucas gave off a small smile. He hardly talk this much around people but he enjoyed doing this with this woman before him.

****

A car stopped before the elegant cafe and Calton stepped out. He adjust his suit and head inside. His eyes search for a figure and then went to meet her.

Elsa raised her head and gave Calton a smile. "Hey" she greeted.

Without a word Calton held her hand and pulled her up.

"Calton?" She called but the man didn't answer her as he led her out of the cafe.

While driving, Calton gaze on the road was so cold. Elsa kept on glancing at him each seconds as her mind wonder why he was this way. She called his name severally but he didn't answer.