Chapter 70: You owe me one

"You should get married!"

Davidson spoke and the room turn silent as Calton and Delphine slowly look at each other. Delphine swallowed hard, her heart racing. What if he get upset and somehow misunderstood the boy's words to be hers.

"Davidson.. uhm.."

"What? Did I say something wrong momma" The little boy asked. Delphine crouched before him.

"Let's get you to sleep.. okay?" She whispered and look up at Calton, who stood there quietly.

The door opened and man stepped in, his aura was like a king as usual. Dominic. Chantel also came with him, she bought some snacks for Davidson

Delphine stood up and greeted them with deep bow. She can't believe she is having this people around. Her gaze moved to Calton, who gave her a smile.

"The cold man" The little boy exclaimed at Dominic. Ever since Davidson set his eyes on Dominic, he assume him to be a cold man.. since he hardly smile except around his Chantel.

Chantel chuckled at his word and led Dominic to sit beside the little boy. He so much look Calton.

After playing with the boy for a while, Davidson finally slept off in Dominic's arm. The boy surprisingly wanted to stay in the cold man's arm.

"I guess he likes you" Chantel chuckled and then turn to face Calton. "Since you'll be getting back to work soon. I'll have to prepare a manager for you"

Calton sigh. "Yeah" his mind drifted to Elsa. Where could she be?

"You should trust me, but for the meantime.. she'll be managing you" Chantel said.

"Who?"

The door opened and Rana walked in, with her manly suit and short hair blowing behind her. A lovely smile was on her lips as she walked into the ward. She was a bit surprised seeing the little boy in Dominic's arm. He was even patting the boy's hair while talking to Delphine.

They look they are having a good conversation, and Delphine doesn't seems to be intimidated by him. She was nice and good with her word. Dominic was a bit impressed.

"Wow. Chantel, this is actually a shock" Rana whispered to Chantel.

"Shh, he is currently behaving like a grandpa" Chantel whispered back.

"So cute" Rana grin.

"Wait, Mrs Rana?" Calton was a bit surprised.

"Oh Calton. I guess Chantel explained already"

"Yeah, but are you sure I won't be hindering anything?" He asked. Isn't this too much for him. He knows how fast and efficient Rana is.. she is just the best manager one can ever come across.

"No you're not" Rana said and grin. "Ready to slap some people on the face?" She asked and they all chuckled.

***

Chloe stepped down from her car and walked into Avery's apartment. She was dressed on a simple silver gown. Walking in, she let out a sigh. Avery have a business function which was important for them to attend. And now, Avery was wearing her suit.

"Avery" Chloe called her name in between her groan.

"If it's about my dress then don't waste your time" She said putting on her ear rings on both side of her ears. Though she look beautiful, but Chloe doesn't want her to wear a suit.

"Can you please, take this function more serious and wear an exquisite dress. There are so many business men and women that are going to appear there" she said.