Chapter 72: Her pain

Lucas reached for her waist and pulled her close to himself, before slamming his lips on hers. Avery eyes flew wide open.
_____

His lips moved against hers not minding the stare coming from other people surrounding them. Avery wanted to push him away but could because of the shock.

Chloe who saw this quickly took a picture and squealed on her spot.

After a while, Lucas pulled back and stared at the stun woman before him.

Avery swallowed hard. She didn't even realize she had been staring at him for a long time, until the man spoke.

"It worked Mrs President, he is gone" he said looking behind her.

Avery looked back and saw Robert retreating already. Her eyes slowly turn cold as the shifted to Lucas. "The fuck did you just do?!" 

"I just helped you chase him away, why are you glaring at me?" He shrugged.

It took everything in her not to punch him hard on the face. They are still at the function so she did the best thing she could think of, she turn around and left.

Lucas could only sigh.

At night, Avery lay on her couch with a pillow on her face. She couldn't get the scene of Lucas kissing her out of her head. Out of frustration, she groaned out and threw the pillow off her.

"Why does he have to put his lips on mine.. ahh.. I feel like killing that bastard.. how dare he?!" She threw some fists on the air. "Why am I still thinking about it. I'm going crazy!"

Her phone rang on her table and she grab it to check who it is. It was an unknown number.

"Hello, who is this?" She ask immediately after picking up the phone.

"You still don't have my number. Mrs Winfrey?" Lucas voice sounded over the phone.

"Jerk!!" She exclaimed and cut the call immediately. She saved his name as 'Jerk' on her phone.

"Jerk" she muttered before laying back on her couch.

***

Delphine is an orphan who carter for herself. She work in one of the most famous Hotel in new York. She uses her salary to cater for herself and her boyfriend who mostly demand a lot from her. Delphine didn't care about it, but gives all his demands to him out of love.

The fact that she is the breadwinner never made her feel down. They plan to get engaged but she was left shattered when she caught her boyfriend sleeping with another lady on her own bed. The worse part was, he didn't care if she was hurt. They laughed at her.

He took all her savings and travelled out with the girl.

Delphine couldn't sleep that night so she went to work a night shift at the hotel. Her working partner was Elsa.. There, she met Calton. The night got worst for her, she slept with another man she had no idea on who he is. Heartbroken, she left the city and plan make another life for herself but found a life growing inside her. She was pregnant..

She decided to keep the child and gave birth to a son. She knew the father was that mysterious man she slept with.. when the child clocked three, he fell terribly sick. She spent almost all she had for her son but it didn't work. The doctor asked for a blood transfusion but her blood didn't match.

That was why she came back to New York to find the father of her child. To her surprise, she found out the man she slept with was an international model.. a son to a legend in the entertainment industry. She tried getting in touch with him but Elsa didn't allow it.