Prompt 64 || Picture Prompt

Hello there, Paranormies. Hm... that's a silly word. Paranormies. What do you think?

Alrighty then, let's get to it! 

Hello everyone and welcome to our brand new prompt! As you may have guessed based on the pattern of our chapters, We'll be featuring a picture prompt. Remember that you're free to interpret the prompt in any manner you see fit, be it literal or figurative. However, there should be a clear link between your entry and the prompt provided. For more information, check out our guidelines below!

 For more information, check out our guidelines below!

WINNER: AmdzTora_123

"The Cat of the Dark Forest"

In the depths of the dark forest lurked a solitary black cat, its sleek fur blending seamlessly with the shadows around. Eyes shimmering like orbs of moonlight, it prowled with a silent grace, becoming one with the night. With each step, the cat revealed a mysterious allure that whispered of ancient secrets hidden within the haunting woods, forever tempting those who dared to explore its depths.

One night, a young couple ventured into the forest, drawn by curiosity and thrill. They followed a narrow path that led them deeper and deeper into the darkness, unaware of the eyes that watched them from afar. The cat stalked them with a predatory instinct, sensing their fear and excitement. It waited for the right moment to strike, when they were far enough from any help or escape.

"Did you hear that?" the girl asked, clutching her boyfriend's arm.

"What?" he replied, looking around nervously.

"It sounded like a meow."

"Maybe it's just a stray cat. Come on, let's keep going."

They walked on, but soon they heard it again. A soft, eerie meow that seemed to come from everywhere and nowhere at the same time.

"Maybe we should go back," the girl suggested, feeling uneasy.

"Don't be scared. It's just a cat. What can it do to us?"

He laughed, trying to sound brave.

But his laughter was cut short by a sudden scream. He turned around and saw his girlfriend lying on the ground, blood gushing from her neck. The cat was on top of her, its fangs buried in her flesh. It looked up at him with a wicked grin, its eyes glowing with malice.

"Hello," it said in a human voice. "I've been waiting for you."