Prompt 44 || Picture Prompt

Hi everyone and welcome to our brand new picture prompt! Picture prompts are meant to inspire you when you've hit a particularly bad writer's block or if you're looking for a new idea to use in your own novel

Hi everyone and welcome to our brand new picture prompt! Picture prompts are meant to inspire you when you've hit a particularly bad writer's block or if you're looking for a new idea to use in your own novel. Remember, you can interpret our prompts however you want, provided that there is a clear link between your entry and the prompt provided. For more information, check out the guidelines below!

PICTURE PROMPT:

WINNERS:

Please note that winners are not listed in any specific order. You can read the rest of the amazing entries in the comments below!

***

WINNER 1: Hutchinson1KR

I stumbled through the forest, breathing hard. Aching. Desperate.

I limped and dragged myself across the floor; dirt clinging to my clothes and sweat to my skin.

A cool breeze swept across the trees and the soft calling of nature liquified my fear and left me with little hope to look on.

"Help me, please!" An extremely hoarse voice came from my mouth, filled with fear.

And fear was it rightly so.

The hairs in the back of my neck raised and a chill passed me by; chasing away the wind into a deadbeat silence.

No wind, no life forms - nothing.

"No. No, no, no. NO!" I screamed out. I cried out against my fate and slumped to the floor. I choked back my tears, letting one slip down my cheek.

I breathed in the last of the oxygen in the air. Shaky. Dreading.

The voices began to talk. Whispers near my ear, melancholic laughter that echoed off the ground and around to the trees.

Then the growling began. The low, deep, guttural sound that was amused and wrathful at the same time. A light which previously flickered faintly from far away grew in intensity.

It was here.

I could feel the urge to look back.

'Just look. You're salvation is before you! Look,' It whispered.

A whimper escaped my throat. My hair flopped as my head shakes violently.

"No. No, no, no. Leave me alone!" I begged, my eyes squeezed shut and my fists curled in preparation.

It's laughter sent a rush of a blunt breeze across the tree tops. The wind brushed past me harshly - pushing me against the ground.

The light shuffled closer. Brazenly. Confidently. It was right above me, pressing my already dirty cheek into the dirt with a teasing amount of pressure.

Ghosted lips met lively flesh. A grappling hunger zipped like electricity through the air, and a snarl ripped from Its body.

"You are MINE."

My breath was stolen and my soul sucked from my body. They said worse than the grim reaper.

They didn't mention It was worse than death.

***

WINNER 2: arpeggio-

You know how people talk about a light at the end of the tunnel as they're dying? Well I think I just figured it out.

It's not hope at the end of the darkness. It's your own soul - and it's trying to get away from you. It will take the shape of the one person you cared about the most in life; whether it was yourself, an idol or a loved one. But that light is the last thing that you'll see that made you human - that made you good.

Nothing else but darkness waits beyond the void.

You'll wander the thick forest-like abyss for however long Death deems necessary. It's mostly for his own pure amusement.

But I suppose that the sickest part is that one day you'll find someone amongst the trees...but they won't be themselves - they'll be consumed with that sense of hope. Hungry, driven half mad like the undead And you'll run, your skin yours but no longer yours, and your body aglow.

***

WINNER 3: Youaremyrayoflight

People say dreams come true if you work hard to earn it. They say dreams do come true. But how many out seven billion people in the world have dreams instead of nightmares. Very few.

It was a nightmare for Anne. For she always believed dreams come true, she used to pray every day for her dreams to come true but the nine year old did not know that she wasn't praying to God but to Devil. Her dreams did come true in the most devilish way possible.

It was a silent night. Three days before Halloween, Anne saw a DREAM, she saw she was in a dark room surrounded by darkness all around and just just one Ray of light ahead her. She started walking towards it thinking it was the way out but little did she no that it was her way in.

She walked towards it trying to reach it, she entered a forest, a dry forest. It was very dark, for there was no moon that night.

She kept walking towards the light but never reached it. She came to a point where she could not find the light anymore and then came the voice, an overly angelic voice "Death is going to come, for you belong to God and God believes you are his messenger for the world of the mortal. It's only you who can save it. "

The naive little girl not knowing the truth said "Yes, of course I would help God. " Little did she know that the God of this angel wasn't a God after all.

The next week was very uneventful , weird things happened at Anne's house, first there was blood on the walls of Anne's room, drops of blood all over as if someone was killed. She listened to screams of people in her dream and the voices sounded oddly familiar to her. She woke up it was Halloween, she dressed in her devil costume but what happened after that was a blur. Because at night Anne was found with a gun in her hand and her parents killed none other than by her.

The screams she heard and the blood on the floor in her dreams were of her parents.

So at last her dreams came true but in most horrible way possible.