Introduction and FAQs

Looking for a quick dose of inspiration? Need a little help to overcome your writer's block? Then look no further! Paranormal Prompts is aimed at helping you write better. Whether you're just looking for something fun to read, or need a creativity boost, Paranormal Prompts is sure to help writers and readers alike.

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:

How does it work?

Each week, we will be posting a new prompt up, alternating between a picture and word prompt. You will then have six days to come up with a flash-fiction story based on that prompt. It could be a quick glimpse into a character's mind, a short interlude to something more or even a snippet from a future novel. It's up to you, and your inspiration.

Where do I post my flash-fiction entry?

You must post your flash-fiction entry in the comments section of the corresponding prompt chapter. We will not accept entries written anywhere other than the comments section of the corresponding prompt chapter.

Can my entry be made up of more than one comment?

No. You are limited to one comment per prompt. This means that your entry is limited to ONE comment only. We will not accept entries that span over a number of comments. This is to allow an equal opportunity to everyone who participates.

Are there winners and will there be prizes?

At the end of each week, we will choose THREE entries that we think showcased the most creativity and were the most well-written. These entries, and the winning authors will be featured in the corresponding prompt chapter as the winners for that prompt.

What language must my entry be in?

Your entry must be written in ENGLISH. We will not accept any entries that are not written in English.

Are the prompts open to everyone?

Yes, the prompts are open to everyone, no matter where you live.

What genre must my entry be?

Your entry must at least qualify as paranormal. This does not preclude you, however, from making use of various sub-genres.

Can my entry contain mature content?

No, your entry must not contain any mature content. For what qualifies as mature, please refer to the guidelines below.

Mature stories are intended for an audience that is 17 and up. A story may be rated Mature if it contains any of the following:

1. Explicit sex scenes.

2. Self-harm themes or scenes (including suicide and eating disorders).

3. Graphic depictions of violence.

If you have any questions or are confused, just pop us a question in the comments below! Please DO NOT start posting entries in this chapter, as this is not a prompt chapter.