Prompt 30 || Picture Prompt

Hello and welcome to our newest picture prompt. You can interpret the prompt as figuratively or as literally as you like, provided that there is a clear link between your entry and the prompt below. Make sure to read the guidelines below for more details on how to enter!

PICTURE PROMPT:

WINNERS:

Please note that winners are not listed in any specific order. You can read the rest of the wonderfully written entries in the comments section below.

***

WINNER 1: thomasjesselyoung

The night sky glowed in dazzling lights of blue and green.

The townspeople ran in fright. It heralded the arrival of the Queen's Imperial Guards. Entire families stormed out into the cold snow and into the dark woods. One of them was Anya's.

She had been told stories of their wicked Queen, a once benevolent sorceress who had been corrupted. She preyed on the children hunted down by her guards.

The horses drew near, but all had made it into the woods to hide. All except an injured child on the edge of the woods. Anya never hesitated, she ran back, her parents yelled at her but they couldn't risk bringing the babies in their arms closer to the approaching guards.

"Come on, you can still walk," Anya encouraged the boy, but it was too late. The horses encircled them.

"Are you sure it's this one?" the captain asked, his eyes on Anya.