Prompt 32 || Picture Prompt

Hi everyone and welcome to our brand new picture prompt! Remember that you are allowed to interpret the prompt in any manner you see fit, be it literal or figurative, provided that there is a clear connection between your entry and the prompt

Hi everyone and welcome to our brand new picture prompt! Remember that you are allowed to interpret the prompt in any manner you see fit, be it literal or figurative, provided that there is a clear connection between your entry and the prompt. For more information, make sure to check out the guidelines below!

PICTURE PROMPT:

WINNERS:

Please note that winners are not listed in any specific order. You can read the rest of the entries in the comments section below.

***

WINNER 1: EllieDonnelly

It was a simple dare. Almost too easy. Put the mask on and ride the train to the final station. I'd laughed. Now, as I stand in the carriage listening to the train rattling around me I'm not so sure. The warmth of my breath makes the rubber stick to my skin like it's part of me. The urge to rip it from my head itches at the ends of my fingertips. My eyes search the carriage, only a few scattered individuals this late. They sit blank faced. Staring into the black abyss outside the windows.

'You could do anything you want in here,' the thought nudges the edges of my mind, 'No one would know it was you.' I shake my head, clenching my fist around the cool metal bar to steady myself. I turn my head slowly, feeling the pull of rubber against my skin until my eyes finally land on the map. 5 stations to go. A cool bead of sweat trickles down the back of my neck.

The itch inside my fingers grows. I tug at the neck of the mask. Fight the urge to just rip it off.

'No one would know,' a vibrant pool of blood flashes before my eyes. I jolt backwards. The red-headed woman sitting across from me stares for a moment before shifting her gaze back to the darkness.

My breath comes in gasps. I don't know what trick the boys are playing but I'm not sure I'll make it. A rapid flicker of blood. Terrified eyes. A broken body. A chuckle.

I gasp for breath. The mask is too thick. I'm trapped. I reach for the edge. Pull. It won't come off. I scream, feeling skin tearing from bone.

'No one will know,' it whispers with a haunting chuckle. My body stills. Eyes focus on the pale woman with fiery locks. Her hand worries the edge of her jacket.

Her eyes shift to me, then back to the darkness. I smell the fear and move closer. Her fingers speed up. Eyes meet mine. I see the terror.

I see the spurt of blood splash across my face. Watch it spill in satisfying bursts down her neck and pool in her lap beside her still twitching fingers.

I stare at the body. And feel the mask slip from my head.

***

WINNER 2: ecstaticallyblue

It was late at night, Sarah was tired. She wanted to go home and sleep. So when Michaela had told the four of them they wouldn't go home until one of them wore it, Sarah had complied without thought.

"It" being a mask. The mask was large and musky. It was in the shape of a bunny, with red eyes, dirty fur, and pink-grey ears. Sarah removed it from its spot in the middle of the hallway.

"It's dirty," she spoke as she looked at Michaela.

"So?" Said girl rolled her eyes.

Sarah shrugged. "Whatever." As she held the item in her hands, she began to shake. Something inside her began to burn. Her head began to pound, she felt dizzy. Quickly she placed the mask on her head.

As soon as she had the mask on, Sarah felt her body relax. Her breath sighed out foggy white in the mask. "There?" She asked, turning her attention onto Michaela. Through the bunny's eyes, the girl was bathed in red. It was a good look on her.

"Yeah, we can go."

Sarah reached up, ready to take it off. She panicked as the mask wouldn't budge. "What? Why won't-?"

"Sarah?"

"What? Help! Help!" Sarah pulled and pulled, to no avail.

"Sarah?!" The two other girls ran over to her, pulling at the mask. "Sarah!"

"Help! Please! Help!" Her voice faded as something else overtook her. A sense of calm, and rage. She needed to kill, needed to bathe in Michaela's blood. After all, this was all her doing. "Michaela?"

"What? No, it's Maya."

"Michaela."

"What?"

Sarah ignored them as she pushed them out of the way. "Michaela?" She searched for the girl. "Michaela? Where are you?" She sang as she searched.

Footsteps echoed through the asylum. She was running away.

"Michaela!" Sarah could smell her, smell her blood and the fear coursing through her veins. "My dear Michaela, where are you off to now?"

"Sarah!"

Sarah startled as she recalled her friends' deaths. Looking around, she noticed she wasn't the only one the subway. However, she noticed, she was the only one alive.

***

WINNER 3: GlennKoerner

Years ago, Alice had ventured into his world and brought down the Queen of Hearts. Now the White Rabbit had come to Alice's world to repay the debt and help Alice save her world as she had done for his.