Prompt 29 || Word Prompt

Welcome to our newest word prompt! You can interpret it as literally or as figuratively as you like, as long as there is a clear connection between your entry and the prompt provided

Welcome to our newest word prompt! You can interpret it as literally or as figuratively as you like, as long as there is a clear connection between your entry and the prompt provided. For more details, read the guidelines below!

WORD PROMPT:

WINNERS:

Please note that winners are not listed in any specific order. You can read the rest of the wonderfully written entries in the comments section below!

***

WINNER 1: against_the_tide

Eyes like brilliant rubies glimmered at me through the dark. "Why have you summoned me, little mortal? And so recklessly," it whispered in unrestrained delight.

I had called upon a demon without a circle of protection, the traditional rituals or warding runes, but it didn't matter. Not when It learned what I was ready to offer. Rage coursed through my very bones at the thought of Him.

I tilted my head in thought for a moment. "Revenge," I finally replied. "And chaos."

It let out a low chuckle that raised the hairs on the back of my neck. "That can be arranged."

"I want the powers of a demon," I blurted.

It froze. "Really now?" It asked in a whisper as sharp as razors. "And what makes you think I would give you such a thing? You, an insignificant mortal?"

"Because," I took one bold step towards it. "A human running around with the powers of the demonic? Think of it," I whispered back. "Think of the chaos that could cause."