Prompt 10 || Picture Prompt

Hello and welcome to our newest Paranormal Prompt! This week, we will feature a picture prompt. Remember that you can interpret the prompt in any manner that you see fit, be it literal or figurative. The more creative your entry, the better chances you stand to have your entry featured in our book! While you are free to be as imaginative as you want, please make sure that there is a clear connection between your story and the prompt below. 

WINNERS:

Please note that winners are not listed in any specific order. To read the rest of the entries submitted to us, make sure to check them out in the comments section below!

***

WINNER 1: 8lydia14m99

Death appears in many forms. For some, it is a dark monster, bringing with it pain and fear. For others, it is a beautiful angel, bringing relief and comfort. For others still, it is but a gentle sigh, a whisper of peace.

For me, it was a girl at a bus stop.

***

WINNER 2: JocelinLeige

I never liked going to bus stops, ever since I was a child walking along with my dad.

He was always so strong and never got scared of anything. He is... well was my hero.

On the night he passed we had taken a bus home but the bus never showed for some reason that night. It was cold and cloudy and dad held me close when the wind got too strong.

As we waited another person sat alone and humming to herself. Dad said hi to her but she only gave a small nod and kept humming.

After another hour dad knew something wasn't right. We still waited but outside looked eerily different. Little things seemed off and the lights at the stop kept flickering. Even the woman had stopped humming long enough to stand.

But that wasn't what frightened me. Her standing didn't scare me, nope, what was in her hand and under her hood made my skin crawl and my heart speed up.

Mother of the night, Queen of the dead or damned. She was the embodiment of all those things and more.

After she walked past me to pat my dads shoulder. They both vanished. Nothing was left. Since he had drifted off to sleep he didn't scream or cry out. I still don't know what to think but I hear her sometimes. Off in the night humming that same tone as if to say I'll be next.

***

WINNER 3: Res_Azul

The woods gave away to the pebbles and to the road. My feet would have been killing me already, if it wasn't for adrenaline.

I made it. I ran far enough from whatever I was running from.

I don't really remember why, my brain blocked that memory like it was trying to protect my sanity. But I knew that it was dark and dangerous.

I saw lights on the distance, illuminating the moonless sky, a bus.

But, when the headlights reached me, I saw a bus stop.

And underneath its roof, something.

I started shaking. And as in cue, it reared its head.

I remembered.

I screamed.

It smiled.