Prompt 20 || Picture Prompt

Welcome to our newest prompts! This week, we'll be featuring a picture prompt

Welcome to our newest prompts! This week, we'll be featuring a picture prompt. Remember that you can interpret it however you want! For more guidelines, please refer to below.

PICTURE PROMPT:

WINNERS:

Winners are not listed in any particular order. To read the rest of the entries, please check out the comments section below!

***

 WINNER 1: GlennKoerner

With a firm push, the clouds hovering near the ceiling of the crypt tore apart, glowing orange from the fire still burning within the fragments. Lowering her hands, the teenage girl looked out from behind long strands of black hair at the vampires watching her. They'd given her powers, turned her into a weapon, but as a smile spread across her lips, the vampires realized they'd made her too strong.

Her hands reached out toward the undead fiends holding her captive, and she used her new powers to shatter them into smoldering fragments. None could stop her. When her work was done, she walked over the ashes of her vanquished foes, heading for the exit. She wasn't going home, not yet, for other vampires still lived, and she intended to change that.

***

WINNER 2: Wendizzy

They were right about the puffy clouds of white, the glowing embers, but they had the logistics all wrong.

Heaven and hel| didn't dwell separately. They were one. A place where summer clouds flashed with bolts of fiery lightening.

I hung suspended in a thick, inky void. Feeling nothing but fear and uncertainty. Alone. Nowhere.

The fire didn't terrify me. The emptiness did. I extended my arms, strained my fingers, desperately reaching. I needed a touch, a sensation, something tangible, anything.

The dark hugged me tighter. The clouds drifted away.

My lips parted on a scream, but no sound came.

***

WINNER 3: NookyLists

When I was teenager, I shoved my way through rows and rows of people to see my favorite band at a fest. Pretty sure I elbowed a dude right in the nose and got called a jerk among other things. But, my neurotic, lanky teen self could have cared less. I wanted to feel the cool metal in my hands, feel the barricade digging into my ribcage. When the band came out, bass trembling and sloppy rips slicing through the crowd, I couldn't focus at all at first. They had fire shooting up on beat behind them. A good ten plus feet in front of me, but it felt like I was trapped in a cyclone within it. The unbearable heat engulfed the air. It was the longest six minutes of my life. Like a drowning child, I took the deepest breath when it was over. My skin gleamed with the dirty sweat of the fest and I ached for the tiniest sip of water.

Even then, I had encountered the sinister side of nature. With just a taste of her elements, she had me at her mercy. Now staring at the amber and scarlett that raged in the smoke above my fingertips, I was no longer a drowning child. Much less that girl at the fest.

I was no longer gutless against nature's fury. I had allied with the Mother of the Titans.

Of course, it had only cost me my mind to do so.

But that was gone the day they took him anyways.

Anything else left was reclaimed by revenge.