Prompt 41 || Word Prompt

Hi everyone! Welcome to our brand new prompt

Hi everyone! Welcome to our brand new prompt. This week, we'll be featuring a word prompt. Remember that you can interpret the prompts in any manner you see fit, be it literal or figurative, provided that there is a clear link between your entry and the prompt given.

WORD PROMPT:

WINNERS:

Please note that winners are not listed in any specific order. You can find the rest of the entries by checking out the comments section below!

***

WINNER 1: bookishbethani

"How did you get in here, Vlad? It's a closed event," Jeremy asks me when I meet him over by the bar like I said I would. I shrug, ordering my usual whiskey, not wanting to expose myself just yet. It has been so long since allowing myself the pleasure of human company. "I still can't believe that your namesake is Dracula, of all fictional people."

"Yes, mother was crazy like that," I tell him, trying not to roll my eyes. It wasn't Jeremy's fault that everyone I met said that same thing at some point. And I could understand their wonder somewhat, but it was two millennia ago that I was born after all. "And don't worry about how I got in here, it'll only get you into trouble."

As I finish my drink and put the glass back down, there's a commotion by the door but I only turn when the music is cut off. There's almost a whole squad of policemen crowding the entrance and more are pouring in around them. It's only when I glimpse a semi-familiar face that I realise what's happening. Humans – must they always make a big deal out of everything?

"About that trouble, if you want to avoid it, you should act like you don't know me," I inform Jeremy as the bouncer from earlier points me out to the policeman he's speaking to. Out of the corner of my eye, I see Jeremy glance at me in confusion and then it's too late – they have me surrounded.