Prompt 38 || Picture Prompt

Hi everyone and welcome to our newest prompt! This week will feature a picture prompt

Hi everyone and welcome to our newest prompt! This week will feature a picture prompt. Remember that you must write an entry based on the picture provided below. You can interpret the prompt as freely as you'd like, provided that there is a clear link between your entry and the prompt provided. For more guidelines, check them out below!

PICTURE PROMPT:

WINNERS:

Please note that winners are not listed in any specific order. You can read the rest of the spectacular entries in the comments section below!

***

WINNER 1: Nicoismysenpai

"The car door's open," Mac remarks, as I start pulling off his shirt. "Does it have a problem with the hinges or something like that?"

I stop midway, my hands lingering on his buttons. "No. Of course not. How could it swing open like that, all by itself?"

"Maybe it's developing a hinge problem," he suggests. "You should get it checked out."

"Or maybe your fat foot accidentally kicked it open just now, in your frantic rush to get into the backseat," I deadpan, resuming my task of getting his clothes off.

"I have a better idea," he says, grinning wildly. "What if it's...ghosts? Lover's Point is said to be haunted, after all. Right, Viver?"

"Shut up, Big Mac." I shed the rest of my clothes down to my underwear. Just as I'm about to pounce on him, I let out a groan. "Great. I have to go to the toilet."

"Now?" Mac asks, frowning deeply.

"Yeah, now. Give me five minutes or so." I throw my clothes back on and step out of the car, closing the passenger side door on my way to a thick thatch of trees.

After I finish relieving myself, I duck out from behind the tree and walk back to the car. To my great annoyance, the car door is open again. "Ugh, maybe there is a hinge problem," I groan. Just before I turn to the backseat, something catches my eye. The windscreen, splattered with blood.

And Mac's detached hand clinging to the crimson-stained glass.

***

WINNER 2: GlennKoerner

A dark road, a car parked in a lonely spot, an evening of passion in the backseat. These are things some teenagers have a mind for, but I hadn't been one of them. I'd never even broken curfew before. This was one time I should've followed the rules.

Most kids just have to worry about catching a disease, but how was I to know the girl I was with wasn't human? How was I to know she'd been murdered thirty years ago and had been haunting the town ever since?

As she transformed into a ragged specter, I knew I wouldn't be able to get away, but I tried. Clawing at the window as the car filled with the red glow of her boiling hatred. It didn't matter that I wasn't the person who'd ended her life. It didn't matter that I meant her no harm. I was there, and she was going to vent her rage upon me.

I really wished I'd stayed home with a good book. It was the last thought I ever had. My body was never found, only the empty car on an empty road.

***

WINNER 3: lenonxay

I walked down the dark alley tiredly, another stressful day at the diner. My headphones were blasting loud music as I scraped my foot across the tarmac.

I heard a distant honk but thought nothing of it. The honk came again as bright lights invaded my vision. I removed my headphones and turned back to the light green car that was disturbing my peace.

"Hey, need a ride?" the old man that was driving asked me, his toothless smile on display.

"No thank you," I replied as I continued to walk further.

"A young girl like yourself shouldn't be walking around at this time," he said creepily.

It was then I noticed how abandoned the road was. I turned to inspect the car when I noticed something peculiar. The side door looked like it was painted with blood. Alarm bells rang in my head as I stepped back and shook my head.

"No thank you I'm fine, my mum just texted me, thanks for your offer," I said in a panic as I brought my phone close to his face to try and warn him.

Luckily the man simply nodded and allowed me to walk off. When the car passed my front, I noticed there was a bloody hand banging on the window.