Prompt 39 || Word Prompt

Hello everyone and welcome to a brand new prompt! This week, we'll feature a word prompt

Hello everyone and welcome to a brand new prompt! This week, we'll feature a word prompt. Remember that you do not need to include the actual wording of the prompt in your entry if you don't want to, however, you're free to do so, should you choose to do so. The prompts can be interpreted as literally or as figuratively as you want, provided that there is a clear link between your entry and the prompt given. Good luck and remember to check out the guidelines below for more information!

WORD PROMPT:

WINNERS:

Please note that winners are not listed in any particular order. You can read the rest of the haunting entries in the comments section below!

***

WINNER 1: Nicoismysenpai

"Officer Adams."

I turned my head to my boss. "Yeah? What's up, Chief?"

He pulled out a picture from the pocket of his pants, tossing it onto the desk. "You're the one heading the monster investigation, right? This should help you in your search for it."

I stared at the tiny picture. A mass of black was hunched over in the corner of a dim room, elongated limbs twisted. Its head was slightly turned, red eyes and sharp fangs peering out from its oily face.

"Huh. You got a photo of the Thing," was all I said.

"Yes. You have Jerry Adams to thank for that. He delivered this picture to us yesterday after the monster apparently invaded his house. I assume you were at work at the time, because you never reported a monster attack," the chief stated.