Prompt 65 || Word Prompt

Welcome to yet another prompt! This week, we will be featuring a word prompt. Remember that you can interpret the prompt in any manner, provided that it relates to the prompt in some or other way. Please submit your entries in the comments below!

(You chase a mouse across your home

(You chase a mouse across your home. After moving the furniture about, you find a trap door hidden beneath the rug)

Winner: Sarahpooh2

"Get it Hina!" I yelled out to my fluff ball of a cat who was helping me chase a mouse that had somehow gotten into my house.

We rounded the corner that led to the living room, only for me to fall flat on my ass as the rug that covered the old oak floors slipped out from under me.

"Shit," I cursed as my back made contact with the hard floor. Groaning, I sat up, massaging what parts I could reach of my now aching back.

I carefully pulled myself into a standing position. When I turned around to fix the rug I couldn't help but to notice what looked like a door hinge. I pulled back the rest of the rug to reveal a small door. I reached down, taking hold of the handle before yanking it upwards.

"Come on dammit," I grunted out as I pulled on it even harder, finally getting it to open.

I looked down into the darkness, only being able to make out the steps that led to somewhere I couldn't see. I quickly grabbed a flashlight before I made my way down the steps.

The first thing I noticed was how cold it was down here, followed by a misty scent that filled the air. Shining the light around, I noticed there was mainly storage in here.

I walked further into the room, noticing an antique crib sitting against one of the walls. I walked over it, seeing that the name Nathan was carved into the wood. 

Who's Nathan?

"I wonder who's stuff this is?" I muttered under my breath as the sound of heavy footsteps reached my ears from up above.

I quickly ran to the stairs, only to see a man standing at the top, holding the door in his hand.

"You really shouldn't have gone down there," he said smirking at me before slamming the door shut.

A noise behind me caused me to spin around, meeting the angry glare of a man I didn't know. Before I had the chance to run away he had managed to grab me, trapping me before everything went completely black.