Prompt 50 || Picture Prompt

Hello and welcome to our brand new prompt! This week, we'll be featuring a picture prompt

Hello and welcome to our brand new prompt! This week, we'll be featuring a picture prompt. If you're new to our prompts, do keep in mind that you're allowed to interpret our prompts in any manner you see fit - be it literal or figurative. And if our prompts inspire you to write a brand new story, you're more than welcome to incorporate it in your own story. For more information, check out our guidelines below!

PICTURE PROMPT:

WINNERS:

Please note that winners are not listed in any particular order. You can read the rest of the entries in the comments section below!

***

WINNER 1: ravenwood666may

All of those who considered me a weirdo are about to eat their words unless they are bled dry before they reach me.

Since I can remember I have always believed in things that others thought impossible and now the day has come when my foreknowledge and preparation will finally pay off.

As I move towards my basement stock, two of my friends run into the house barricading the door.

They are disheveled and covered in blood. Their eyes are surveying their surroundings wildly. Composed as I am, I just gesture for them to follow me as we head for the stash that they know I have.

After all, they are not over here because they are worried about me, they are not like that. They are here because I've told everyone about my secret stash. At the time, they merely laughed at me but there they are now, begging for help.

I go past the zombie emergency kit and just next to it is what I am seeking for Vampiric Infestation Emergency Kit I bought from Major Thadeus Tinker. At the time they thought I was wasting money, but I knew it would pay off eventually.

My friends start shuffling loudly and as I open the kit I realize the sounds behind me have turned into growling. I guess they've already been bitten, I should've checked.

I quickly pick up the Holy Water and splash at them as they are about to bite me.

As they are moving away from me, I thrust some dried garlic at them for good measure and while they are screaming in pain I use the end of my wooden stick to pierce their hearts. We weren't best friends, after all.

***

WINNER 2: GlennKoerner

A vampyric infestation emergency kit. It was a varied assortment of items for facing the undead, silver, crosses, holy water and the like. The entire collection was amusing to me. Holy water and crosses only affected vampires based on the faith of the one employing them, and without faith, the items were little more than hollow symbols of empty ritual.

Silver was the most lethal item in the group, but the kit was labeled for the adventurously minded. It wasn't meant for hunters, the people who would actually know how to use silver to its maximum effect.

People actually thought this collection of oddities would protect them. I shook my head in disbelief at how gullible humans were to believe such nonsense. However, looking down at the dead man at my feet, I couldn't say the kits I'd manufactured and distributed had been entirely useless. One of them had brought me my dinner.

***

WINNER 3: bethanisherer

"You were never any good at stealth, my Moonbeam," his voice danced its way through my veins and centered at the back of my skull, where the first memory of his face had been locked away for nearly twenty-three years. "I see your time away from the family has failed to do you any good. You really should give thought to my previous offer, Esther." Morkay situated himself and preened under the moon's pale light, arrogant as ever.

"There is no universe where I stay with you, Father. You and that cult in there are nothing this world needs and I won't come back, not when absolutely nothing has changed." My voice is steady but his eyes still catch the slightest twitch of my lips and I take a step back, distracting him from the hand that I slip into a hidden pocket at the back of my dress. Morkay sighs, as if everything is against him in the night, and I freeze at the sound, knowing that at any moment one of my sisters could join us.

"If you have no new words for me, or even a hug for your old dear Father, then I see no point in this visit. You should be on your way, Moonbeam." His command is meant to be followed and I feel every atom in my body begging to obey, reminding me of why I cut myself out of his world. His black eyes glisten in anticipation as my feet begin to carry me away, not believing for a moment that something, for once in his life, is not going to play out the way he demands it to.

"But I do have something for you." The moment I finish speaking, I feel the control come back to me, my legs taking me towards the monster that made me, and I throw the entire contents of the glass vile at his face. A horrible shriek eclipses the silence and the sound grates against every instinct within me, but all I can do is watch as the Holy Water works against the vampiric poison in his body.