Prompt 2 || Picture Prompt

Welcome to Paranormal prompts! This week, we will be featuring a picture prompt

Welcome to Paranormal prompts! This week, we will be featuring a picture prompt. You are allowed to interpret the prompt literally or figuratively. The more creative, the better! Please submit your entry in the comments section below.

PICTURE PROMPT:

WINNERS:

Please note that winners are not ranked in any specific order.

***

WINNER 1: HEEdwards

The air pushed back at me as the train moved past, whistling and humming into my ears. My clothes rustled, but I remained still. Watching, waiting...for what? I wasn't sure. 

As silence returned, I pursed my lips and glanced up to look at the light hanging above the train tracks. On and off. On and off. Surely, soon, it would reveal itself to me?

The creature that supposedly hunted these railways was supposed to look like a dog. Or a shadow. Perhaps a black mass of negative energy. All I knew was that I was meant to dispose of it. Somehow.

"That's the life of a Sighter," I muttered bitterly, leaning back against one of the metal supports. My fingers itched for a cigarette as minutes passed. A bad habit, I know, but stress was a persistent foe of mine. The next brush of wind sent a shiver down my back and I tugged by jacket tighter around me.

A rustle from in amongst the shadows made me pause my fidgeting. I froze, muscles taught, and turned by head. Undergrowth from the wilderness beyond had slunk its way past the crosswire fences and as I watched, the leaves shifted unnaturally as if something was moving against it. Was this it?

Reaching back, I held the cold metal of my gun. It was already loaded, and I was ready to end this. I stepped across the tracks onto the other side, cursing myself as the gravel shifted beneath my shoes.

The leaves moved again, and the creature revealed itself to me in all its supernatural glory. "Meoorrww."

"A cat," I said, every muscle in my body taking a sigh of relief. Pulling a grimace, I shoved my weapon back into the waistband of my trousers.

"Meowrrw," the small black creature replied, peering up at me. There was a slight haze and transparency to its form.

Great. I'd wasted my entire evening stalking down a ghost cat. Just great. Fan-bloody-tastic. 

***

WINNER 2: GlennKoerner

The taillights on the train looked inviting in the distance, a herald of civilization, until the weary travelers got closer. They realized too late it wasn't taillights but glowing red eyes, and it wasn't a train but something much worse, and it was moving closer.  

***

WINNER 3: DarkCamelot_Evince

A feverish shake on her shoulder woke Carla and noticed the obnoxious smile of the conductor. Without saying anything, Carla picked the clothes she made and speed up to get out from the unpleasant train. Before Carla realised anything, the train speed up leaving her in a cold and dark place, Carla ran faster to follow the train but Carla knew, it was useless. 

She then looked around hoping she could find someone, but no one was there except for the luminous moon that lightens up the railroad and fogs that made everything so complicated. By just observing the place, it was enough to give her goosebumps. Apparently, a distinct sound from an approaching train made her nearly jumped in happiness. But Carla froze. Her heart seemed to stop, cold air ran down her spine. 

Two terrifying red glowing eyes and a huge face was the thing she saw; the blasting horn seemed to change into deep scary laughter. But before she convinced herself that it was all just a tricked of her mind; The same exact train appeared again. She instantly turned around frightened but another train appeared from nowhere. 

Carla fell on the ground terrified by the fact that she was almost hit by it, the clothes she designed has been destroyed. Then the two trains pass by simultaneously, a sinister face with creepy smile emerged from all windows. Carla screamed hysterically shut closed her eyes and covered her ears. The sounds of never-ending engines and a loop of laughter are making her insane.