Chapter 5

[I suggest you all listen to 'Happier by Olivia Rodrigo' while reading Jungkook's POV.]

Jungkook’s POV :-

I ran back to their guest room, closing the door I slumped against it. Hiding my face in my knees.

I couldn't believe what I heard.

How can I?

Taehyung, my Taehyung was not mine anymore.

He has a girlfriend. A GIRLFRIEND?

He moved on? Found someone for himself? He forgot about me?

I know that I shouldn't expect him to love me after what I did. I know that I ignored him. Didn't contact him at all. But was the love he had for me that fragile?

Was I really that easy to be forgotten?

Did I meant nothing to him?

All these thoughts were going around my head as I picked up my phone and called the only person who'll understand me.

Who knows about everything that happened.

She picked up the call in a few seconds.
“Hi baby bun, how are you doing?” I heard her loud cheerful voice.

Listening to her voice a loud sob escaped my mouth.

“Kook, what happened, baby?” my best friend spoke through the other side.

“He... he.. has a girlfriend..” the mere thought of him being in someone else's arms made my body shiver vigorously.

“Jungkook, bub please calm down. Take deep breaths.” she said.

“Patty, my Tae..hyung.. isn't mine anymore..”

“Kook please calm down and then tell me what happened. Did you meet him? And who told you that he has a girlfriend. It might be a joke too, right sweetie.” Patricia replied back.

“He.. he told me.. I met her.. I saw them... to..together.” I managed to stutter.

“Oh my Kookie. It's okay baby. Breath for me. Please. Take a deep breath and let it go.”

“Patty, do you know? He..he.. used to..” I couldn't complete my sentence as new set of tears made their way to my eyes.

“What he used to, kookie?” she asked me, slowly.

“When..ever I used to stay at h..his place, he used to kiss my forehead an..and my whole face, aft..after making sure that I was asleep. Bu..but I ne..ver was. He used to whisper ‘I love you kookie' to m..me.

Wha..what happened to that lo...love? Was I not worth waiting for?” I sniffed.

“Th..they live together so they might be tog..ether for a few years at least.”

She was silent for a few seconds.

Is she pitying me? I don't want anyone's pity.

“Kookie, where are you right now?” she slowly asked me.

“I'm.. I'm in their guest room.”

“You are at their house? How baby?” she said.

“As I reached ko..Korea the first thi..thing I did was to call him. I had to talk to him after fin..finally being free. I asked him to take me ho..home with him.. he did... to..today morning I met h..he..her.” I told her.