Chapter 12

It's been a few weeks since Jungkook has gone on his first date, right now it was 2 am and Sumi and Jungkook were sitting on the couch in the living room while scrolling through Instagram reels they both couldn't sleep for different reasons, Sumi because Taehyung was out of town and she didn't had her human teddy bear to cuddle and Jungkook for some other reason.

They accidentally met while going to the kitchen and decided to pass their time.

A reel popped up on Sumi’s feed which made a few tears roll down from her eyes.

Jungkook saw her crying and worriedly asked her “Sumi? Are you crying? What happened?”

She passed him the phone to see what made her cry.

It was a video where a father was walking his daughter down the aisle on her wedding day towards her husband.

“I would never have that.” she whispered slowly.

“What would you  never have?” he asked her gently.

“My dad... he would never walk me down the aisle at my wedding.” she said.

“Why would he not do that?” he said.

“because he left me.” she said.

“huh? What?”

“he left me one and half years ago. Heartattack took him away from me.” she looked at him with her eyes sparkling with tears.

“I'm so sorry Sumi.” Jungkook slowly said and extended his left arm for her to hug him and she slowly kept her head on his left shoulder while side hugging him.

“I really miss Appa.” he said. “Tae says that he's in a better place with Eomma but I don't believe it. Who knows if that place actually exists or not.” she said sniffling slowly.

“Sumi your mom?” Jungkook asked her gently trying his best not to trigger her.

“I never met her. Apparently giving birth to me took a toll on her because her water broke in the 8th month of her pregnancy.. she.. died after giving birth to me. I.. I was a premature child..” she took a pause and then continued. “When I was 18 my grandma told me about this, I thought that I killed her. I was the reason why she died. I took my dad's love away from him. But dad told me that I didn't kill her. That she gave him the best gift in the world that is me. I don't believe him either.” she said.

“Yes Sumi he was right. You didn't kill your mom. She saved you because she loved you.” he said while stroking her hair.

“You think so?” she looked up at him.

“Yes, I do.”

“Thank you Kookie.” she smiled a little at him.

“do you have any siblings?” he asked her.

“Nah, I was a single child. Brought up by my dad who was a single father. I don't have any family left except for my aunt who lives in Japan.” she said.

“how can you say that you don't have any family? Taehyung hyung is your family, I'm your family.

We all are your family. Never say that you don't have a family ever again.” he slightly glared at her.
She slowly giggled and said, “Yes Kookie you all are my family.”

They stayed silent for a while but after sometime she broke the silence, “ Kookie?”

He hummed in response.

“Is everything okay between you and Haein?” she asked him.

“Yeah, why are you asking?”

“Because you looked really sad when you came back from your date a few hours back and to top it off he didn't even come to drop you off.
Everything is okay right? You know you can share anything with me. I won't judge. ” she asked him while resting her head on the couch.