Chapter 22

Anyone still reading this book? 🥺

No proofread as I've come to my hometown so I don't have much time so please ignore all the mistakes.. 🥲

-

(Taehyung's POV)

I was sitting in my car impatiently waiting for Jungkook when After almost fifteen minutes he came out of the house.

He opened the passenger seat's door and sat beside me.

We sat in the silence for a few minutes until he broke it, "How do you feel hyung?"

"I don't know kook-ahh." I replied.

"Tell me how you feel hyung. You know that you can share it with me." he smiled at me.

"I know that Kook. But I don't want to talk about it, at least not now." he said.

"Okay hyung, whenever you are ready." he said.

"Kook do you still--" I didn't know how to ask him what I wanted to ask.

"What hyung?" he asked me.

"Nothing--" I said.

"Hyung do you want to ask me if I--?" he looked at his hands, nervously.

I just hmmed.

"I do hyung." he mumbled slowly.

"Okay." I replied.

"Okay." he said, "Let's go now." he added almost instantly.

"Yeah, let's go.." I said and started the drive towards his home.

There was an awkward silence between us but neither of us tried to initiate a conversation.

After almost half an hour we reached outside of his place.

He excitedly opened his seat belt and was about to get out of the car when he turned towards me with a questionable look.

"What happened Kookie?" I asked him.

"Why are you not moving hyung? Let's go." he said.

"Oh, I'm not coming inside with you." I said.

"Whyy?" he almost whined.

"I'm going to my halmeoni." I replied directly looking into his eyes.

"Hyungg." his face visibly paled and in a matter of seconds his eyes filled with tears and before I could react to it, he launched himself on me and hugged me tightly. "Please don't say something like this hyung. I'm sorry. I'm really sorry for coming back and disturbing your life. I'll go away. And I'll help you in convincing Sumi as well. I swear I will help you. Please don't think of doing something like this. I won't be able to face myself if something happened to you because of me." he said in one breath and didn't even let me say something, he continued, "I can't-- hyung I can't think of a life without you. Please don't do this. I'll go away. I swear but please be strong. I'll make everything right for you. I'll help you with everything and then I'll go away. Please just--" he was having trouble speaking so I started rubbing his back while trying to make him breath properly.

After ten minutes he calmed down properly. So I decided to talk to him.

"Kook what are you saying? I'm not doing anything." I replied.

"Please don't think of taking your life. I'll die too." he mumbled.

"Kook, when did I say that I'm dying?" I asked him softly.