3ఌ

MALAYAH SELENA KROSS EDGEWATER, NJ

EDGEWATER, NJ

"You want me to drive you Lay?" Malayah's mother Shania questioned watching the girl zip adjust her Moncler beanie

"No momma, you good" Malayah smiled opening the pantry and grabbing a bag of chips and fruit snacks. The girl shut the pantry door smiling at her mother one last time before walking out the kitchen.

"Malayah, I love you" Her mother called out.

"I love you too, mommy" she yelled back as she approached the front door, she patted her pockets making sure she had her phone then continued out the door. Her therapy sessions were only a 25 minute walk, she isn't a big fan of the trains or the busses either so walking is always the safest bet. She gently put her beats over her ears and began shuffling her playlist.

After a few songs played she decided to text Kay, as she got bored of the music pretty fast.

TEXT TO KAY❤️
Kaykay
Join chess

TEXT FROM KAY❤️
I'm at the stu mama

TEXT TO KAY❤️
Always at the stu
What do you be even doing?

TEXT FROM KAY❤️
you wouldn't understand
unless you tryna get in the booth wit me

TEXT TO KAY❤️
If I get in the booth it's gon be embarrassing for you
Cause your ass been rapping a couple months
Still ain't drop nun🙄
I'll put you to shame.

TEXT FROM KAY❤️
You got jokes!
Where you at? Yo location keep moving

TEXT TO KAY❤️
Walking to Therapy.

A semi smile graced Malayah's face as she sent the message seeing that Kay was currently calling her, this had been the norm for the last three weeks they would frequently call and text one another. Malayah even introduced him to IMessage games and the two would always play them. Although Kevin wasn't a big fan of chess he began to like it because of Malayah.