10ꨄ

KEVIN AMAREE PEREZBRONX, NYC POV

KEVIN AMAREE PEREZ
BRONX, NYC
POV

"I picked up everything for the surprise. I'll cash app you the rest of the money that I didn't use" Clara smiled as she awnsered the call.

"Thanks. Keep the change. You using yo time to help me" Kay dismissed not wanting the change back.

He had seen all over instagram men doing girlfriend proposals and he wanted to partake. Although him and Malayah already behaved like a couple he had yet to make it official. Not even knowing where to begin he called his best friend Clara for support and a woman's perspective.

With his own initiative he had planned a date for them. It would start with them going to dinner at a high end restaurant that overlooked the city and they would end the night at the hotel he planned to decorate. Kay had spent the past 2 weeks trying to get all the reservations in order.

He knew Malayah would've been content with that but he wanted to really make it a memorable experience for her. So with the help of Clara he booked a hotel and the woman would help him decorate the room. Seeing as it was more intimate he decided to pick out the promise ring for Malayah himself.

"She's going to love it. I love how you so thoughtful" Clara was genuinely happy for Kay, she had witnessed firsthand how many talking stages and sneaky links he's had in the past.

"My nerves playing games wit me. I ain't tryna fuck up the surprise" Kay found it hard to keep something from Malayah. A few days ago he almost completely told on himself.

"I can't believe Kaykay really bout to be taken out the game foreal" Clara opened her mouth in disbelief looking into the camera.

"Cee. I ain't gon front I think I love this one" Kay spoke into the camera making Clara gasp loudly and dramatically. Kay found her theatrics funny once in a while. On this occasion he felt like she being extra.

"Love? That's crazy. I want to meet her?" Clara intriguingly asked. She was mad Kay let it get to this point without getting her approval first.

"You gon vibe with her. She really down to earth" Kay advocated for Malayah. The woman had a welcoming aura, even though she isn't  fake and friendly when first meeting people she still has a welcoming energy that people gravitate towards.

"What she look like?" Clara asked having an idea and image made up in her head.

"Sexy. She's brownskin with nice lips. Imma show you a picture" Kay unconsciously bit his lip just from the thought of Malayah.

"Brownskin? I never thought you like those type girls" Clara made a yikes face.

"Clara you been knowing I don't have a type. If you bad you bad regardless of race or skin tone" Kay explained. It was weird for Clara to make such a statement as he has ever stated that he has a type.