18ꨄ

MALAYAH SELENA KROSS EDGEWATER,NJ POV

EDGEWATER,NJ
POV

"Where you headed to?" Micah peeped his head into Malayah's room watching the woman apply her lipgloss in the mirror.

"Cake tasting wit Indy and Nas" she smiled big for some reason she was in an amazing mood.

"When India get back? Cake testing for what? You tryna get married?" Micah scoffed but Malayah knew her brother well whenever he asked that many questions at once he was nervous or something was bothering him.

"She got back this morning. Nope I ain't getting married it's cake testing for Kay's event" Malayah stood from her vanity tucking in her stool walking over to her dresser.

"Oh yeah that nigga got signed. Tell him I said congratulations" Micah nodded with an awkward smile. Malayah met his gaze confused on why he was behaving this way.

"Micah. Are you okay? Your being weird?"

"I fucked up. Like I fucked up bad" Micah whispered stepping into Malayah's room slowly shutting her bedroom door.

"It seems like you always fucking up, what happened know?" Malayah spewed out.

"I ain't got time for yo lil side comments. Just listen to me. I needed money and bad so I done a favour for some nigga I know from back home" Micah avoided eye contact as he spoke.

"Okay. What happened next?" Malayah was trying her hardest not to curse him out.

"So he asked me transport some shit for him to upstate New York, then he told me make a stop at this one gas station in the city. I went to pay and I quickly used the bathroom. When I come back outside the trunk open and all the product is gone" Micah ran his hand down his face.

"How much was it worth?" Malayah sighed.

"85k. Eighty fucking five k" Micah repeated making Malayah raise her hand in attempt to smack him but he restricted her by grabbing her wrist.

"Your truly one of the dumbest niggas on this earth. What you need money for nigga? Mom and dad said you can live here until you get back on your feet. Your too prideful, you tryna pay for this flashy lifestyle of yours and now you just dabbling in anything for some money" Malayah sucked her teeth in aggravation.

The only reason Micah needed money was to upkeep the image he showed to the public, the man drove a Lamborghini urus and spent ridiculous amounts of money on clothes and jewellery. The logical thing to do after loosing your job would be to fall back and chill on the unnecessary spending but Micah simply couldn't do such a thing and wanting to get fast money now has the man in deep trouble.

"I know you ain't talking bout pride. Look at you" Micah pettily pointed out eyeing the light pink Chanel bag in her hand.

"This was a gift. I would never go to the lengths you go to for a piece of change. But what you really even here for I'm bout to head out?" Malayah rolled her eyes adjusting her shorts.