1: introduction.

this is a story of girl meets boy.

the girl, y/n l/n from new jersey, grew up believing that she'd never truly be happy until the day she met... "the one".

this belief stemmed from early exposure to music such as radiohead or the smiths, and watching romantic movies.

the boy, gerard way, also from new jersey, did not share this belief.

since his parents didn't look after him, he only loved two things. the first was his long dyed black hair, and the second was how easily he could cut it all off.

y/n met gerard on june the 8th 2003. she knew immediately... he's who she's been searching for.

this is a story of girl meets boy.

you should know up front, this is not a love story.

y/n's pov

day 488

i was sitting on my messy and stained wooden bed, with my cheeks flushed and my eyes red from the tears pouring from them. i sighed, looking at the wall in front of me with no purpose. "i miss him" i thought to myself.

"come on, you have to eat something y/n" my bandmate amanda said to me as she held up a red bowl full of cereal with milk. i shook my head slightly and slowly, as i sighed again.

"fuck this" she said aggressively, as she left the room, putting the bowl on my nightstand next to three other old and moldy cereals.

day 1

as always i walked to our band's practice, but today was different. we had our first show that day, and it was at a local bar. the tickets were very cheap, so we hoped that a lot of people would come.

i had my black electric guitar with a frankenstein strap over my shoulder, my black guitar pick between my teeth and my pack of cigarettes stuffed in my bra along with my lighter. i had a black dress on that i thrifted, it had short puffy sleeves and a neckline that looked like a bra, i paired the dress with a black leather jacket. i had some heavy black boots on, and i also added a few rings, necklaces, a black wristband and fishnet stockings to the whole outfit to make it seem less basic.

when i was at amanda's garage, i immediately put my guitar pick on the table that we always had there for our drinks, and i took out my cigarettes. i lit one up, stuffing the lighter back in my bra. i inhaled the smoke, as i greeted my bandmates.

our band is called "american atheists" (woow so edgy), and it consists of:

amanda - our second guitarist. she has straight long dark red hair with a middle part, she always has a black and red smokey eye going on, and she has some pretty bushy and dark eyebrows. she dresses similar to me, as we often borrow each other's clothes.

tony - our bassist. he has buzzed black hair, he always wears eyeliner, and he's the tallest in our band.

nina - our drummer. she has straight long blonde hair with black streaks at the bottom, she's very pale and she's the second tallest in our band.

and me. y/n - our guitarist and singer. i have long dyed black hair with bangs, and i always curl my hair a bit. (GUYS IM SO SORRY THAT Y'ALL PROBABLY DON'T LOOK LIKE THIS BUT I HAD A VISION, ALRIGHT...)