23: playing drums.

day 398

"FUCK!" i yelled, gripping my hair tightly with both of my hands as i cried violently.

you're probably wondering, "how the fuck did we even end up in this situation?", well. let me tell you.

earlier that day

i woke up with a big headache, due to my yesterday's drinking with my friends. i drank a lot of water from an old random bottle that was laying right next to my bed, checking the time on my phone as i did so.

it was 3 pm and i felt exhausted, even tho i just woke up and had the best sleep ever. just the sudden reminder that time is real made me tired and nervous.

i sighed, getting out of bed as i fixed my baggy pajama pants. i stared in the mirror, feeling and looking like total shit. i had dark circles under my eyes, my hair was a fucking mess and i just looked dead in overall.

i decided to take a shower to maybe wash away some of the tiredness from my body. as i stood under the hot water, i let my thoughts wander, trying not to think too much about the mess that my life had become.

after i finished my shower, i got dressed and decided to try and be productive for the day. i had some stuff to do, so i grabbed my keys and headed out the door.

time skip

the day was going pretty well at first, i managed to get everything done without any major issues. but things took a turn for the worse when i got a call from gerard.

"hey y/n, i need your help" he said urgently.

"what's up?" i asked, starting to feel a sense of dread in my stomach.

"bob had to drop out of the show tonight and we need someone to fill in for him, do you think you could do it?" he asked.

i actually played drums a few years ago, i was great at it back then. but it just wasn't my thing, so i switched to guitar.

i froze for a moment, feeling a mix of excitement and nervousness. on one hand, it was an amazing opportunity to play with them. on the other hand, i hadn't played drums in years and i was afraid i would embarrass myself.

"uh... i don't know, gerard... i haven't played drums in a really long time" i said hesitantly.

"please y/n... we're desperate, and we trust you. you helped us create our best work, and i know you can do this" he pleaded manipulatively.

i thought about it for a moment before finally agreeing. "okay, fine. i'll do it" i said, trying to sound confident.

"thank you so much, y/n. you're a lifesaver" he exclaimed before hanging up.

i sighed, looking down at my phone. i just stared at it blankly, still not processing the fact that i'm gonna play drums for my chem. i sighed, looking up to check myself in my mirror.

"whatever" i said quietly to myself, deciding to not touch up anything in my looks, i was too tired to deal with that shit. i grabbed my keys and left my house in a hurry, entering my car once i locked the door behind me.

my heart was racing as i drove to the venue where the show was being held. i was excited, but i couldn't handle the god awful feeling in my stomach.

i walked into the backstage area, and i could feel all eyes on me. the guys greeted me warmly, but i could tell that they were all a little anxious about me playing drums for the first time in years.

"didn't know you played drums" ray said curiously, walking up to me as i scratched my black mess of hair.

"uh... yeah i used to play a lot..." i told him, looking into his eyes anxiously as he just nodded, deciding not to drag the conversation.