22: losing the connection.

day 388

gerard was ignoring me for the past 23 days, along with frank and the rest of the band. they lowkey
blowed up, getting more popular with each day and it irritated me. i felt used. they got popular from an album i majorily helped them with, yet i got no credit for anything.

i sighed as i searched stuff on the internet, staring at the screen of my laptop emotionlessly, when suddenly an article caught my eye. my chem was on tour with the used - bert's band, getting thousands of listens on their new album probably because of them.

they really did get popular; they started having interviews, thousands of people started coming to their shows, and so much more.

i sighed, turning the laptop off to try and not think of them anymore, when suddenly i got a call from gerard. i got stressed and gulped, answering the call after a few seconds.

"hello?" i managed to say quietly as i put the phone up to my ear, trying my best to sound calm, when i actually was shitting my pants in fear.

"hey y/n" he said, his voice sounding a little hesitant.

i didn't know how to respond at first, but i decided to take a deep breath and try to stay calm.

"hey gerard" i replied, trying to sound casual.

"i know it's been a while and i'm sorry for not talking to you. the tour has been pretty crazy and we've been really busy" he said, his voice sounding a little too sarcastic.

i wasn't sure if i believed him, but i decided to give him the benefit of the doubt.

"it's okay, i understand. how's the tour been?" i asked, trying to keep the conversation light.

"it's been amazing actually. the crowds have been great and we've been getting a lot of attention. we owe a lot of it to you, y/n. we wouldn't be where we are today without your help" he said, his voice sounding sarcastic yet again.

i was taken aback by his words. after everything that had happened, i didn't expect him to say something like that.

"thanks gerard, i appreciate it" i said softly, smirking slightly as i bit my freshly painted nails.

"i just wanted to talk to you and clear the air between us. you know things didn't end well the last time we talked, and i just wanted to say that I'm sorry for getting angry at you" he quickly explained, sounding a bit nervous.

"i appreciate you apologizing, gerard. it means a lot" i smiled again as i brushed through my bangs with my right hand.

"it's the least i can do..." he said softly, earning a hum from me.

an awkward silence appeared between the two of us, when suddenly it was broken by gee's cough.

"anyway. wanna come over? we've got a party going on, just us and bert" he asked, making me furrow my eyebrows. i thought about it for a while, gathering my messy thoughts.

"alright i guess" i agreed, standing up from my couch as i walked to my room, opening my closet to find some slutty party outfit in it.

"great!" he said excitedly, earning a little giggle from me. he was acting so cute.

"i'll be there in like... 10 minutes" i stood in front of my closet, staring at the inside for a few seconds with no purpose as i just waited for gee to answer me.

"alrighty. see ya" and with that he hung up, not even letting me say bye.

i couldn't help but feel sudden stress fill up my body at the thought of seeing bert again, especially after what happened the last time i saw him.