18: a trip to the hospital. (WARNING: SUICIDE‼️)

day 295; the day we performed at the "fancy" place. not really fancy, but the tickets were quite expensive.

there's not much to remember from it, just a boring performance. but what happened before and after it - is worth mentioning.

day 295

i kept on texting and calling gerard, but he ignored every message and call. i was fucking frustrated.

"come on, chill out y/n. forget about that asshole" nina tried to calm me down and i groaned loudly.

"i can't fucking chill out! he promised he would come!" i raised my voice, getting more and more angry with every second that passed.

i know it's not so deep, but in that moment i felt betrayed. i always came to his shows when he asked me to, so i felt used up.

time skip

the performance was over, and we got to the backstage. woohoo. i think that was the third time that we got a backstage; and the first time without gerard's band.

i wiped sweat off my face while drinking water from a bottle, as nina jumped up and down next to me.

"oh man we did so great!" tony cheered and we all chuckled in response to him.

"yeah!" i high-fived him while smiling widely from ear to ear, staring into his eyes.

suddenly my phone rang, and i jumped up. i took it out, and saw it was frank.

"hey guys, I'll be back in a minute" i said, as i went to the bathroom.

(tw: suicide mention; it isn't described tho.)

i answered the call, furrowing my eyebrows slightly. "hey frank, what's up?"

"god, you gotta come here y/n. we need you" he said sadly, sniffling and sobbing. my chest hurt when i heard his sad voice, and stress filled my entire body.

"c-come where? what happened?" i asked, earning another sob from him in response.

"the saint mary's general hospital" he managed to say, and i widened my eyes at his words.

"frank, what happened? please tell me, i'm worried.." i begged, but of course I didn't get the response i wanted to hear.

"you'll see when you come.. it's about gee" my eyes widened, and my heart broke.

"i'm coming. wait for me" i hung up and hurriedly ran back to the rest of the band with watery eyes.

"we gotta go to the hospital"

time skip

i bursted through the door, running to the woman at the front.

"hello, i-i'm here to see gerard way" i stuttered out, my hands shaking and my bottom lip trembling.

"and you are?" she asked, and i sighed.

"uhm... i'm his girlfriend" i kind of lied as she raised one of her eyebrows in response. she looked down, searching for something on her computer.

"room 51(???idk how hospitals work???)" she said emotionlessly and i smiled towards her, before running to the door with the number she just told me.

i opened the door and saw frank, ray, mikey and bob in the room and..

a miserable gerard on the bed.

i walked up to him, touching his cheek with my hand. he was asleep.

"what the fuck happened?" i asked, looking over at the guys with tears in my eyes. they were all sobbing except for bob who was trying his best not to cry; he was biting his bottom lip and had watery eyes.

"that stupid fucker tried to overdose on pills" frank cried out, and my heart broke when i heard that.

"why the fuck would he do that?" tears started to fall from my eyes, as he shrugged in response.

"it's all my fault... i should've done something! he was always telling me how tired he is of life, but i never took him too serious. fuck, we could've lost him!" mikey whined out, crying the hardest.

"don't blame yourself mikey..." i walked over to him and hugged him, sobbing on his shoulder as he did the same.

"...is he gonna survive?" i got nervous and closed my eyes shut in an act of fear.

"the doctor said that he should..." mikey whispered out, his voice too weak to even talk.

i gulped, letting more tears fall from my eyes as i tried to steady my breathing.

"he's gonna be fine guys" bob said, looking at us with teary eyes. "...at least i hope so"