Chapter 5: These are My Clothes

"Mr. Nan?"

Passing by the car where Nan Yi sat, the driver was calling out to him. The door was open, revealing the omega sound asleep in his seat.

"Mr. Nan? We've arrived."

The driver called out again, and He Yu Shen, already near the mansion's entrance, glanced back at the car.

The omega inside was groggily waking up, with a red mark pressed onto half of his face, confusion in his eyes, and his delicate lips slightly reddened.

His collar was quite low, revealing his collarbone and the two perky and rosy spots below.

He Yu Shen's expression darkened as he rapidly moved towards the car.

"Where are you off to?" Yan An, already ahead, looked back in confusion seeing He Yu Shen retracing his steps.

Realizing He Yu Shen was heading to the white car, Yan An just whistled and entered the mansion first.

"Such impatience!"

Having just awakened and sitting up to get out, Nan Yi looked puzzledly at the person before him.

He Yu Shen?

He furrowed his brows slightly, looking up.

"Get out," He Yu Shen said, visibly irritated by Nan Yi's bewildered expression.

Nan Yi obediently stepped out of the car, holding the discounted clothes he'd purchased.

Unsure of He Yu Shen's intentions, all he could do was to comply with the man's orders.

"What did you buy?" He Yu Shen, with a stern face, eyed the bags in Nan Yi's hands.

Protectively clutching the bags to his chest, Nan Yi hesitantly opened one for inspection.

He Yu Shen took a cursory glance inside and left without a word, his face still dark.

Nan Yi: ..............

Standing frozen for a few moments after the car departed, he finally gathered his strength to carry the bags and slowly entered the villa.

Passing through the courtyard and garden, he paused outside the living room, his steps feeling increasingly heavy.

Uncertain about which version of He Yu Shen he'd confront inside, Nan Yi was also unsure whether to head to yesterday's bedroom or another room.

"When does Xiao Jing finish school?"

Butler: "In a short while."

Overhearing the conversation in the living room, Nan Yi wondered: did He Yu Shen have guests?

Hesitation gnawed at him: should he enter?

Taking a deep breath, he decided to go in.

After all, he didn't really have anywhere else to go.

"The sister-in-law has arrived." Hearing Nan Yi's footsteps, everyone turned their gaze towards the door. He Yu Shen shot him a cold glance, while Yan An stood up.

"Hello, sister-in-law. My name is Yan An." As Nan Yi approached under He Yu Shen's disdainful gaze, Yan An extended his hand.

Facing the unexpected gesture, Nan Yi hurriedly placed his bags on the carpet, reaching out to shake Yan An's hand in return.

He nodded politely in response.

Noting Nan Yi's reserved nod, Yan An teased, "Sister-in-law seems a bit aloof, huh?"