Chapter 41: The feeling of being cared for is pretty nice.

They spent over an hour on this hotpot meal. By the time they finished, it had gotten dark. Yan An, feeling his full belly, stood up.

"Thanks for the hospitality, sister-in-law. I should be going."

Being addressed as "sister-in-law" so many times, Nanyi still felt a tad shy, his face turning a shade of red.

After Yan An left, Nanyi followed closely behind Heyu Shen like a loyal aide, contemplating several times whether to hand over his phone but hesitating each time.

At most, Heyu Shen would just lightly tease him. Sitting on the bed, he consoled himself for a while, and finally, when Heyu Shen came out after freshening up, Nanyi mustered the courage to approach him.

The man emerging from the bathroom was wrapped in just a towel. His hair was damp, droplets collecting at the tips and falling, unseen, onto the towel.

"Blow-dry."

Nanyi paused briefly, then meticulously began to dry Heyu Shen's hair.

This was Nanyi's first time blow-drying someone's hair.

He held the dryer at a distance, fearing he might burn Heyu Shen.

"The wind's too weak."

Heyu Shen's tone seemed somewhat frail. When he first came out of the bathroom, his forehead was slightly sweaty. Nanyi assumed it was just condensation from the steamy room.

However, as he dried Heyu Shen's hair, an accidental touch to his forehead revealed an icy coldness, making Nanyi shiver.

Heyu Shen wasn't one to keep the air conditioner too warm, but this was far colder than one would expect after a shower.

Nanyi felt something was off, put down the dryer, and leaned in for a closer look.

Heyu Shen's face had turned even paler, with one hand clutching his stomach.

Nanyi suddenly recalled the steward, Song, mentioning once that Heyu Shen had stomach issues.

Thinking about the spicy hotpot and that pot of tea from earlier in the evening, Nanyi grew anxious.

He wanted to ask Heyu Shen how he felt, but being mute, he could only squat down and look up at him for answers.

Not only was his face pallid, but his normally rosy lips were also pressed tightly, devoid of color.

"Why did you stop?" The voice even weaker.

Nanyi, in growing panic, instinctively placed his hand on that pale yet still handsome face.

The soft touch made the ailing Heyu Shen pause.

Lifting his gaze to Nanyi, the edges of his eyes reddened. A worried Omega was squatting in front of him, a delicate hand still resting on his face.

Nanyi's rosy lips opened and closed in distress, but he seemed to have forgotten he couldn't speak, only emitting soft, raspy sounds.

If those lips could speak, they would undoubtedly be filled with words of concern and care.

The tight-lipped expression gently curved into a small smile.

He reassured in return, "Don't worry, go call the steward to summon a doctor."

His words acted like a wake-up call for Nanyi, who immediately rose and hurried out.

Heyu Shen, clutching his stomach, tilted his head back.