Chapter 121: It's Not a Change, Just Letting Go

"Lin Yun Jian will inherit the Lin family."

Lin Qiu Wu wanted to tether Nan Zhi with what Nan Zhi loved.

But what he didn't realize was that Nan Zhi never approached him for money.

"He doesn't need to." Nan Zhi declined coldly.

"This is the card you gave me; I've used a little over thirty thousand. I'll pay you back." He retrieved the card from beneath the pillow.

It was the card that Lin Qiu Wu had originally given him.

He had no obligation to repay, but he wanted no further entanglements with Lin Qiu Wu.

"Lin Yun Jian is mine as well. The Lin family's wealth is just as much his." Lin Qiu Wu declined to take the card.

Nan Zhi's placid gaze made him feel uneasy.

"Jian Jian is free. He might be young, but he has his own thoughts. He can decide with whom he wants to live. If you don't want the money, I'll keep it for him."

Lin Qiu Wu didn't accept it, and Nan Zhi didn't insist on returning it.

After all, a part of the responsibility of raising the little one fell on him.

After all this time, even if not for the little one, using a bit of Lin Qiu Wu's money didn't seem out of place.

Especially since Lin Qiu Wu hadn't given him any money during their time as lovers.

Nan Zhi, feeling justified, kept the card.

He could buy a house, and put it under the young one's name.

"Jian Jian won't return to the Lin household. At least not while he's this young; he can't be without me. I won't stop you from seeing him, but he needs to grow up by my side."

Nan Zhi's words weren't aggressive nor possessive, nor did he outrightly bar Lin Qiu Wu from seeing Lin Yun Jian.

His words left no room for objection, and Lin Qiu Wu was rendered speechless.

The alpha frowned, his expression conflicted, staring silently at Nan Zhi.

After listening for a while, Nan Yi approached Nan Zhi's bed and gently stroked Lin Yun Jian's head.

"You've heard my brother's words. If you disagree, my husband will be ready to take this to court."

He Yu Shen: !

My wife called me.

Lin Qiuwu left, departed from the hospital. He no longer insisted on taking Lin Yunjian back to the Lin family.

However, before leaving, he looked at Nanzhi and said with a hint of confusion, "You seem different."

Nanzhi found it rather amusing; the alpha didn't inquire about his injuries, just remarked on how he had changed.

Nanzhi didn't feel he had changed; he had merely let go.

It's just that Lin Qiuwu wasn't used to it — someone who once revolved entirely around him no longer did.

After leaving behind a life filled with suppressed emotions, Nanzhi felt his entire world transform.

He felt much happier.

Every day, Nanyi would visit him in the hospital. The past seemed like a distant dream as he relished in his brother's company.

Nanzhi would often bring He Siyi, who now calls out "Daddy," to the hospital. Lin Yunjian really liked this younger brother.