Chapter 104: Song Jing's Departure

Chapter 104: Song Jing's Departure

"Hmm?" He Yushen murmured in acknowledgment.

Both Nan Yi and He Yushen, seeing Song Jing in this state, were at a loss for words.

"Let's go inside," suggested Song Jing.

The two of them silently followed Song Jing and the ever-silent Yan An into the house.

Nan Yi's gaze settled on the baby in Song Jing's arms.

Once they were seated, He Yushen looked at the baby in Song Jing's arms a few times, opening his mouth as if wanting to say something but hesitating.

"When did this happen?" He Yushen's deep voice inquired.

Gone were the traces of bitterness and vanity on Song Jing; all that remained was a face full of tenderness.

His eyes, full of a gentle smile, gazed down lovingly at the baby in his embrace.

"Last week," Yan An, who had been silent all along, spoke up, his voice noticeably raspy.

In fact, Yan An had also lost a considerable amount of weight. However, next to the starkly emaciated Song Jing, his changes went almost unnoticed.

Especially his eyes—they looked devoid of hope, showing signs of weariness and a certain emptiness. Only when looking at Song Jing did a glint of life briefly appear.

"What happened to your health?" He Yushen probed further.

This time, Yan An remained silent, opening his mouth slightly before turning his gaze to the gentle-faced Song Jing.

"Shen ge, would you like to hold him?" Without addressing He Yushen's query, Song Jing offered the baby he held to him.

He Yushen hesitated for a moment, taking the baby, noticeably smaller than the one they had at home, from Song Jing.

Nan Yi, driven by curiosity, moved closer. He Yushen, cradling the baby, tilted him towards Nan Yi to reveal a face still somewhat wrinkled beneath the blanket.

Song Jing kept smiling, watching the two bond closely with the baby.

Since entering, Yan An had been slightly turning his face to look at the omega beside him. Beneath the table, he reached out to grasp the withered, slender wrist, sliding his fingers down until their hands intertwined tightly.

Song Jing turned to him, offering a purely sweet smile.

Song Jing gave a reassuring squeeze to their interlocked fingers before lifting his head to look at Nan Yi.

With pale lips, he softly uttered, "Shen ge, Nan Yi, I'm sorry."

His apology was genuine. Nan Yi blinked in surprise, while He Yushen simply looked up slightly.

"Nan Yi, I apologize for my past actions."

Song Jing looked intently into Nan Yi's eyes, who seemed a bit dazed in response.

He whispered, "It's alright."

Nan Yi genuinely didn't mind anymore. If he could forgive Nan Zhai Min and Xu Fang, why not Song Jing, considering his current state...

Despite being in the room for some time, Nan Yi still couldn't believe how emaciated Song Jing had become.

Once a spirited young man, now he resembled a candle at its end.

"Mr. Nan truly is gentle!"

Song Jing remarked softly, his voice tinged with both admiration and a hint of bewilderment.