Chapter 42: The Reason for Losing Voice.

The doctor and the man on the bed exchanged a silent gaze, saying nothing.

The butler brought in a glass of water. The doctor reached out to take it, the glass was almost within his grasp.

However, the man on the bed suddenly spoke.

"Bring the water here."

Nan Yi realized the command was for him. He took the glass, which was nearly handed to the doctor.

The doctor raised an eyebrow, said nothing, and casually handed over the medication to Nan Yi.

Nan Yi approached He Yu Shen and offered him the water. Those profound, captivating eyes glanced at the glass, then back at Nan Yi.

One second passed, then two, then three. Still, there was no move to take the water.

Nan Yi slightly furrowed his brow, pushing the glass a bit closer.

The doctor, watching from the side, was getting somewhat impatient. He'd never seen someone so hesitating. Could it be that He Yu Shen prefers someone so clueless?

He kindly suggested, "If he doesn't take it, just feed it to him."

Nan Yi looked up at the alpha.

Those deep eyes were still fixed on him, making him slightly nervous, causing the water in the glass to ripple.

After a moment of hesitation, Nan Yi sat beside He Yu Shen, presenting both the water and medicine.

The alpha first popped the medicine into his mouth, then took a sip of the water offered.

The smooth sensation brushed against his hand - ticklish, damp. Nan Yi wondered why He Yu Shen extended his tongue when taking the medicine.

Even when drinking, the tip of a soft pink tongue appeared first.

It's said that those who extend their tongue before drinking are also good kissers.

"No offense, Mr. He, but didn't you just have your wedding recently? Ignoring your high-quality Omega at home and keeping a lover. Aren't you afraid of causing a scene?"

The doctor looked at the two with a touch of disdain.

Nan Yi certainly was good-looking. If anyone else were pampering the Omega before him, the doctor wouldn't have found it unusual.

As for He Yu Shen, he had rejected countless beauties that threw themselves at him. Even during his vulnerable periods, he had never sought an omega's assistance.

He always believed that He Yu Shen wouldn't be swayed by mere beauty or pheromones, yet now he had taken in one — a married man, no less, and kept him at home.

Nan Yi's hand, which was offering water, trembled once again.
He Yu Shen gave him a silent, icy glance.

"Moreover, can a low-quality Omega really handle you?"

Nan Yi's face turned crimson immediately.

"Hu Wen, perhaps you should speak less."

"Also, why didn't you come on the day of my wedding?" He Yu Shen asked, furrowing his brows.

At the time, he had just casually married a high-quality omega. He Yu Shen didn't pay much attention to the wedding details. The guests weren't numerous, with most being from Nan Zhai Min's side.