Chapter 65: Do You Want It?

The Spring Festival passed in a blink of an eye, and He Yushen and Yun Luo resumed work.

Nan Yi's saved manuscripts were almost published, and he too began to immerse himself in writing daily.

After the New Year, He Yushen often worked overtime. This eased the pressure on Nan Yi, as the alpha now had less energy.

Thinking back to that time, Nan Yi was fearful of the night's arrival.

Just like a lion tasting meat for the first time, he felt utterly defenseless.

With his recent hectic yet sweet life, Nan Yi had long forgotten about Nan Zhi and Nan Xin.

Every day, he'd sketch in daylight, wait for He Yushen to come home at night, and then blissfully fall asleep in his arms.

In this simple yet happy way, a month passed.

Lately, Nan Yi often felt dizzy. Sometimes, after sitting and drawing for too long, he'd almost black out when standing up to visit the restroom.

One evening, as He Yushen's hand slid under his clothes and caressed his stomach,

His deep, seductive voice remarked, "Nan Yi, you've finally put on some weight."

At first, Nan Yi didn't think much of it. But just a week later, when he felt nauseous even seeing his favorite spicy chicken dices in front of him, he felt something was amiss.

That evening, Nan Yi wanted to share the day's events with He Yushen, but fearing it might just be his speculation, he refrained.

"What's the matter? Staring at me like that, do you want something?" He Yushen's fingertips brushed against Nan Yi's cheek.

As the alpha began to untie his bathrobe, Nan Yi, in panic, grabbed his hand to stop him.

"Hmm?"

Raising an eyebrow, confusion was evident in He Yushen's eyes.

Somewhat embarrassed, Nan Yi pulled back his hand and hesitated, "I'm... I'm a bit tired today. Let's wait for another day."

Noticing the pallor of his face, He Yushen abandoned his prior intentions and drew him into an embrace.

"Why is your complexion so pale? Are you hypoglycemic?"

There was a slight fullness to Nan Yi's abdomen, yet the rest of him remained as delicate as ever.

Holding him tightly, He Yushen realized that after a relentless month, he hadn't shared an intimate moment with the omega in quite some time.

"I'll be wrapping up work in the next few days. Next week, I'll take some days off to spend quality time with you."

Nan Yi was still lost in thought when a faint voice sounded from behind. He softly responded with a murmur of acknowledgment.

There was no sound behind him; He Yu Shen had fallen into a deep sleep. He must've been really exhausted recently.

During the day, after sending He Yu Shen and Yun Luo to work in the morning, Nan Yi initially planned to visit the hospital by noon. With some time to spare, he first spent a couple of hours sketching upstairs.

He often became engrossed when sketching. Even though he kept thinking about the hospital visit, by the time he looked up, it was already 12:35.

He figured that if he went now, he would arrive just as the hospital staff resumed work.