Chapter 111: Lin Yunjian Meets Alpha Dad

He knew what Lin Qiuwu had said: to take good care of Lin Yunjian and not to disturb him unnecessarily.

"Dad?"

Upon entering, Lin Yunjian's bright, searching eyes scoured the living room.

Failing to find his alpha dad, Lin Yunjian looked towards the staircase leading to the second floor, motioning for Nan Zhi to follow.

"Young master, the master is currently working in his study. It's best not to disturb him now."

The butler stood in Lin Yunjian's path.

"Daddy..."

The little alpha turned, his eyes pleading as he gazed at Nan Zhi.

An alpha at work is always the least tolerant of disturbances, and Nan Zhi felt helpless.

"Yunjian, your father is working. How about we wait for him on the sofa for a bit?"

Bending down, Nan Zhi gently coaxed the eager little alpha, who was so keen on seeing Lin Qiuwu.

"Hmm."

Though Lin Yunjian was displeased, he obeyed Nan Zhi, taking his hand and leading him to a nearby sofa.

Once Nan Zhi settled down, Lin Yunjian climbed onto his lap with ease, clinging tightly, always seeking the warmth of his omega father's embrace.

Every time he gazed at the obedient face, which bore a resemblance to Lin Qiuwu, Nan Zhi felt grateful for having secretly kept Lin Yunjian against the alpha's wishes.

At the very least, this life differed from his tragic past life; now, he had Lin Yunjian.

"Young master, Mr. Nan." Shortly after they sat, the always-stoic butler approached, placing a cup of tea and a juice in front of them.

The juice, adorned with a cute pattern on its surface, was clearly meant for Lin Yunjian.

Nan Zhi was surprised, wondering how a butler in Lin Qiuwu's household would have such an adorable cup.

It seemed the butler wasn't as indifferent as Nan Zhi had believed.

Without needing Nan Zhi's assistance, the little one grabbed his juice with both hands, given the cup's size, and began to drink.

"Daddy, drink..."

Unsure of the juice's flavor but finding it delightful, Lin Yunjian offered it to Nan Zhi.

"Daddy doesn't need any. Finish it all by yourself, Yunjian."

Nan Zhi gazed down tenderly, looking at the miniature version of Lin Qiuwu.

The little alpha truly resembled Lin Qiuwu in almost every aspect except his eyes, which mirrored Nan Zhi. Their similarities were so striking that no medical verification was needed to affirm their relationship.

As the two sat on the sofa, they remained oblivious to the alpha who had descended the staircase.

Dressed in a black sweater and light-brown casual attire, the alpha paused at the staircase's bend, furrowing his brows upon hearing Nan Zhi's last sentence.

From his vantage point, he had a clear view of the duo on the sofa.

It had been a long time since he last saw the little one in the omega's arms. To his surprise, the young alpha had grown significantly.