Chapter 110: Has Nan Zhi Found Happiness?

The night he returned home, Nan Zhi had a dream, a terrifying nightmare.

In it, he dreamt of his past life where, following Nan Zhimin's wishes, he married He Yushen.

He Yushen married him, but without affection. They always treated each other courteously, behaving more like business partners, only feigning intimacy at public events.

He knew that all He Yushen wanted was an Omega with the title of 'Lady He', not caring who filled that role.

In his dream, it was a year after their wedding when he met Lin Qiuwu.

That evening, as usual, He Yushen took Nan Zhi to a charity event.

Coincidentally, his beloved elder brother was nearby and Nan Zhi decided to invite him to the event.

Nan Zhi would regret countless times for bringing Nan Yi to that function, but the fact that Nan Yi found happiness comforted him.

Despite having identical faces, both He Yushen and the radiant Alpha amidst the crowd fell for the somewhat compliant Nan Yi at first sight.

At that moment, Nan Zhi was oblivious to these developments. He unexpectedly found himself drawn to that shining star, to that Alpha named Lin Qiuwu.

Like a carousel of memories, all the events of his past life replayed in his mind.

Under He Yushen's strategic care, Nan Yi was smoothly brought to the mansion and eventually, the identical twins unwittingly swapped their identities.

And so, Nan Zhi, under the guise of Nan Yi, married the Alpha he cherished.

Unlike this life where Nan Yi married as a replacement, Lin Qiuwu, who couldn't wed his beloved Omega, vented all his frustrations on Nan Zhi.

Ultimately, on a stormy night, Nan Zhi, having no right as the legitimate spouse to confront him, was thrown out of the mansion after catching Lin Qiuwu with a lover at home.

Whether it was rain or tears blurring his vision, the last thing he remembered was the impact of a van.

With shattered legs and a pool of crimson blood around him, the driver fled the scene. His phone was smashed. He lay on the cold ground, concluding his 23-year life.

In that moment, he resented He Yushen for marrying without love, despised Nan Yi for winning Lin Qiuwu's affection, and loathed Lin Qiuwu for being passionately inconstant.

His unrequited love in the past life ended thusly, fading into unconsciousness amidst excruciating pain.

When Nan Zhi awoke, he was drenched in sweat, panting heavily. The pain of broken bones felt all too recent. His pupils dilated in despair in the pitch-black night.

One thought consumed him: he didn't want to die, especially not in such agony.

He remained motionless for ten minutes. As sensation returned, he groped his way out of bed. With trembling legs, he leaned against the wall, struggling into the bathroom.

Ever since his rebirth, he's had that dream countless times.

He didn't know when it would end, perhaps only when Lin Qiuwu finally showed affection towards him.

Nan Zhi often resented Lin Qiuwu. Why could he love Nan Yi and Yun Luo, yet not spare a sliver of affection for him?

Even a tiny bit would suffice; he never dared to ask for more.