Chapter 14: Slumber

Chapter 14: Slumber

Nanyi looked incredulously into Heyu Shen's eyes, astounded that Nan Zhaimin could be so selfish as to disregard his predicament.

After all, it was he who had pleaded with Nanyi to stand in for his brother.

His face grew paler, but his dim pupils still held a flicker of light. Heyu Shen, growing agitated, withdrew his pheromones, releasing his grip.

The man in front of him almost collapsed.

Instinctively reaching out, Heyu Shen caught the wilting Nanyi. Just a hint of released pheromones, and the omega seemed to shatter at the slightest touch.

"Steady yourself!" Annoyed, he hoisted up the limp Nanyi, frowning in displeasure, yet not letting go.

The oppressive pheromones of a top-tier alpha were overpowering for a subpar omega. Though Nanyi tried to steady himself, his legs were too weak, devoid of strength.

It felt as if a massive weight pressed against his chest, making it hard to breathe.

Within seconds, his strength gave out. His legs buckled, and he would've knelt on the ground if not for Heyu Shen's support, Nanyi thought.

Suddenly leaning against the warm alpha, his head rested on Heyu Shen's chest. His soft hair brushed against Shen's neck, slightly tickling, exuding a mix of shampoo and the sweet scent typical of omegas.

It wasn't cloying but rather pleasant.

Heyu Shen felt a warmth rising, extricating his hand that supported the omega. Nanyi, weakening further, slumped to a half-kneeling position.

Heyu Shen grabbed Nanyi's chin, forcing him to look up.

Nanyi, compelled to tilt his head back, met the alpha's fierce gaze.

"Open your mouth!"

Stunned, Nanyi reflexively shrank back.

Was Heyu Shen actually asking him to...?

The alpha's face remained stern, veins on his hand protruding.

The tightening grip on his chin brought a flash of pain to Nanyi's eyes.

A minty, oppressive scent began to permeate the room.

Nanyi struggled to breathe, feeling increasingly lightheaded.

The volatile and rough Heyu Shen was intimidating.

Tears of pain and grievance continuously streamed down Nanyi's face.

Heyu Shen, staring at Nanyi's ashen face, finally bent down and effortlessly lifted him.

With teary streaks marring her dazed gaze, she snapped in exasperation, "Are you an idiot? Can't you even breathe?"

Nan Yi felt drained of strength, the ceiling seeming to shift above him while the washroom door was flung open by the one embracing him.

He tilted his head slightly, burying it against He Yushen's chest, wishing to hide from prying eyes.

"Yushen? Why are you carrying someone out from the restroom..."

After a brief moment, Nan Yi recognized the voice of Song Jing outside, causing him to press even closer to He Yushen's chest in anxiety.

"Stop fidgeting," came the irritated voice from above.

Nan Yi immediately stilled, fearing he might provoke He Yushen into another outburst.