Chapter 7: Betrayed

Chapter 7: Betrayed

When Nan Yi looked up, he found himself lost in a pair of deep, inscrutable eyes. Subconsciously holding his breath, he stared for a few moments before a blush crept up his face.

He Yu Shen hadn't expected that as soon as he opened the door, he'd be hit by a soft head.

Those slender eyes filled with tears, and her face visibly reddened.

The omega, with his head down, dared not look up his ear tips turning pink and his hands nervously clutching the hem of his clothes.

"What do you want?"

Prepared for He Yu Shen's wrath, Nan Yi paused, gently shaking his head.

After a few seconds, he slowly lifted his gaze, sneaking a peek behind He Yu Shen. The door was slightly ajar, the view unclear. He shifted to get a better look.

With just one glance, He Yu Shen discerned the omega's intention, a small smirk gracing his lips as he extended his left hand.

Nan Yi's cheek met the warm palm that stopped his sideward glance. A faint minty scent entered his nostrils, causing him to hesitate.

He Yu Shen looked on expressionlessly at the visibly flustered omega.

"Nan Zhai Min didn't come up," he stated coldly.

The apprehension Nan Yi felt a moment ago slightly subsided.

They stood close, the omega's fair nape clearly in view. A subtle sweetness permeated the air. He Yu Shen's usually calm face now displayed a hint of distaste.

The alpha's tone was slightly irritated, his gaze filled with disdain for Nan Yi.

"I truly underestimated you." The indifferent tone echoed overhead.

Nan Yi looked up, bewildered.

The warm hand glided from his cheek to his delicate chin, tightening its grip, forcing Nan Yi to lock eyes with the alpha.

He Yu Shen's current expression resembled the calm before a storm, veins popping on his hand, leaving a red mark on the pale, delicate chin.

"Always in heat wherever you go; truly pathetic."

Experiencing intense pain, Nan Yi tried to pry away the hands clutching him.

But before he could react, his arms were pinned overhead, and his back slammed against the cold wall.

"Ah." The combined pain from behind and in front made him let out a raspy cry.

"What is it? Are you afraid that Nan Zhai Min will come to take you away, so you're trying to seduce me to make you stay?" With an eagle-like intensity, he stared deeply into Nan Yi's eyes. They were so close that the faint minty breath lingered around Nan Yi's nostrils.

A tingling warmth swept over Nan Yi, rendering him motionless.

His face turned ashen with fear. Under the alpha's overwhelming pheromones, the back of his neck began to feel uncomfortable.

He Yu Shen's eyes narrowed menacingly. Though the caramel scent wasn't strong, his expression changed subtly.

"Hiding behind an innocent face, yet indulging in such vulgar acts. I overestimated you."

Nan Yi was already burning up, his mind clouded. He once again felt the terrifying heat, his thoughts dominated by that single, overwhelming urge, yearning for those overpowering pheromones.