Chapter 61: I think I'm starting to like you.

If not for Yun Luo being an alpha, given how much time they spend together, even if there were no feelings, they would've manufactured some by now.

Nanyi returned to her small studio and began sketching.

She's saved up quite a bit lately; she can afford to take a few days off during the New Year.

Evening.

Finally, Nanyi had a chance to be alone with Heyu Shen.

The alpha entering the bedroom remained expressionless. As Nanyi nervously swallowed and was about to speak, Heyu Shen picked up his pajamas and entered the bathroom.

Nanyi: ............

If the mountain won't come to me, I will go to the mountain.

Nanyi approached the bathroom door, listening to the sound of the running water inside. With her throat bobbing and after taking a deep breath, she shouted resolutely, "Heyu Shen."

................

No response.

Nanyi called out again: "Heyu Shen."

"What is it?" A cold and flat voice cut through the sound of the water, slightly muffled.

"Thank you for helping me today."

....................

After another prolonged silence, Nanyi took the initiative to speak again.

"What Jiang Fan said isn't true. Fengfeng was drunk, and Yin Lu was picking him up when they happened upon me... rescuing me."

"He merely lent me a hand; there's nothing between Yin Lu and me."

The sound of water stopped, and the bathroom door opened from the inside.

With damp hair clinging to his forehead, Heyu Shen stood at the door wrapped only in a plain bath towel, his emotionless gaze settling on Nanyi's face.

With a hint of displeasure in his voice, Heyu Shen remarked, "When such things happen, can't you call me?"

Droplets of water still dripped from the alpha's hair tips, and beads of water clung to his exposed collarbone and chest. As he spoke, his Adam's apple moved slightly.

Trying to avoid his gaze, Nanyi replied with a hint of hesitancy, "My phone was broken."

"Couldn't you have told them you're my omega?"

Nanyi looked puzzled. Did Heyu Shen mean he didn't mind her telling others she belonged to him?

Seeing no immediate response from her, irritation bubbled up within the alpha.

His voice even colder than before, he pressed, "What did you tell Yin Lu last night? Why was he holding your hand?"

"Haven't I warned you about getting too close to other alphas?"

Setting aside her doubts for a moment, Nanyi replied softly, "He's Fengfeng's older brother. He just... wanted to ensure I got into the car safely before leaving."

Nanyi didn't disclose everything. Best to leave out unnecessary complications.

Heyu Shen's voice hardened further: "He's an alpha, and that alone makes it unacceptable."

"Oh."

There was a hint of dejection in the omega's voice. From Heyu Shen's angle, he could only see the top of Nanyi's head, not her expression.