Chapter 20: Preparing His Breakfast

Nan Yi looked down at the couch, mulling over his thoughts and feeling that his idea was feasible.

"Mr. Nan."

Lost in thought, the butler, instead of responding to Song Jing, called out to him.

Hmm?

Nan Yi looked quizzically at the kindly butler.

Song Jing: "What do you want with him?" Song Jing retorted irritably.

"Song Jing! Haven't I told you to show some respect to Mr. Nan?"

Song Jing scoffed disdainfully, "All you ever do is chastise me. I'm going upstairs."

Song Jing shot a disgusted glance at Nan Yi and then turned and left the living room.

"Song Jing, He Shao treats you well because he has a kind heart. Don't overstep your boundaries."

The butler looked at the retreating figure of Song Jing with a worried expression, but the departing omega seemed to be oblivious.

Once upstairs, he disappeared around the corner.

Nan Yi stood quietly, waiting for the butler to continue.

"Mr. Nan," the butler called out again.

Nan Yi nodded in acknowledgment.

"I might have to leave tonight. From now on, I'll have to entrust He Shao to you."

Nan Yi, taken aback, quickly responded with sign language.

In sign language: "He Yushen is just momentarily upset. He doesn't truly want to send you away."

The butler gently interrupted him, "I apologize, Mr. Nan, I cannot understand your signs. Might you allow me to finish speaking first?"

Nan Yi hesitantly lowered his hands.

The butler said, "Young Master He has a stomach ailment and, unfortunately, dislikes breakfast, leading to frequent stomachaches. He's meticulous about cleanliness, can't tolerate spicy food, and prefers a mild palate."

Nan Yi furrowed his brows, unsure of the butler's intent.

The butler continued, "Starting from tomorrow, could I trouble you to prepare breakfast for Young Master He? Others are hesitant to persuade him, but if you make the meal, perhaps he won't let your efforts go to waste."

With each word, Nan Yi's surprise grew, his mouth agape in disbelief.

Using sign language, he responded, "I can't. He Yushen despises me."

"Why not... ask Song Jing instead?"

Nan Yi often instinctively used sign language, forgetting that the butler had just mentioned his inability to understand it.

The butler interrupted his continuous signing, "Please, Mr. Nan."

With a sincere expression, the butler looked at Nan Yi, worry evident on his face.

Seeing Nan Yi's silence, he added, "I genuinely implore you, Mr. Nan. I must return this evening to tend to the mistress."

The butler was a kind-hearted man who had never looked down upon or despised Nan Yi, especially not for being a lesser-grade Omega.

After contemplating for a while, with a demeanor of someone being led to the gallows, Nan Yi gritted his teeth and nodded.

Only with Nan Yi's consent did the butler breathe a sigh of relief.

After the substitute marriage, Little Dumb becomes a  big boss palm treasureOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara