Chapter 8

Cameron's POV
-
"w-what's wrong with Savannah?" I ask Nyssia and Julia, worried. "I'm not sure, she's never like this" Nyssia answers back. "Good morning everyone" mrs.taylor says walking in and we all turn back towards the board but I keep glancing back at Savannah. "Today you're going to meet with your partner and finish discussing your projects and if you have enough time, you may start on them" she says smiling "now you may go find your partner". I get up and slowly walk towards Savannah and I see she still has her head down. I get to her and say "Savannah?" "Yeah?" She says with her head still down "a-are you o-okay?" "n-no" "what's wrong ... ?" "n-nothing" she says and it sounds like she's crying "are you c-crying ... ?" "n-no" she says as her voice cracks. I kneel down next to her "hi" I say quietly as I smile at her a little. She finally turns her head and says "hi" and giggles quietly. "how come your crying?" I ask, wiping her tears. She smiles a little at me and says "I can't tell you" "you can tell me anything" "I can't tell you this ... I can't tell you why I'm crying Cameron. I really don't wanna talk about it" "fine. But I'm here for you okay?" "Okay" she says as her voice cracks and she smiles. "So do you actually wanna talk about this project ... ?" I ask, biting my lip nervously "no" she says laughing a little. "So ... did you see your vine?" I ask her trying to change the subject "yeah" she says smiling wide "did you see yours?" "Yeah" I answer back smiling too. There was about 3 minutes of comfortable silence but I soon speak up "can you please tell me why you're crying and upset? ... please?" I ask looking at her. Then the bell rings. "No Cameron!" She says loudly making everyone look at us and she grabs her stuff and storms out of the classroom and I grab my stuff and go after her. "Wait ... Savannah I-Im s-sorry" I say looking at her with sad eyes "I don't care I told you I didn't wanna talk about it." She says to me and keeps walking down the hall. I should have never even asked her.