prologue

˚₊ ❄︎

"YOU REALLY THINK you're all that, don't you?" Two lanky kids surrounded his desk, disturbing a tall, handsome kid from his reflections.

"Pardon?"

"Dude, stop acting all high and almighty. Just because your dad is Jayant Agarwal doesn't mean you look down at all of us-"

"He never did look down at any of you." A short haired girl spoke up from the corner. All the classmates stopped their chattering, observing the proceedings.

"We're not talking to you, shut up." One of the lanky kids sneered. 

"Stop bullying a person purely because of your own insecurities. Grow up." She said and walked out of the class.

The kids looked a little disgruntled. The classmates stared at the duo and whispered amongst themselves. Ved's eyes was firmly fixed on the exit of the classroom.

He had never noticed the girl, who had spoken up for him.

The two kids threw out a "we'll deal with you later" and ran with their tails tucked between their legs.

He leaned towards his desk mate, unbothered. "What's that girl's name?"

His desk mate deadpanned. "Do you remember my name?"

Ved shrugged, a helpless grin on his face. "I'm not good with names, sorry."

His desk mate sniffled and fake sobbed. "I've helped you with homework and helped you bunk PE classes and this is how I'm repaid?"

"Tell me what that girl's name is."

"Maya. Maya Raviker." The kid seated next to him sniffled again. "She's a 4th grader but she hangs out with a couple of girls in our grade."

Ved sat back on his seat. 

Maya Raviker. Huh.

˚₊ ❄︎

wordcount: 286 words