interlude

˚₊ ❄︎

Maya watched Ved's debut movie on it's first screening in the theatres. It was called 12 days in Bundok.

It was already a huge hit, majorly because of the fact that Ved was Jayant's son and the style of the movie was similar to Jayant's.

It was about a lost, direction-less film major and his encounter with an ambitious fashion designer. It was about how she restores his confidence in just a few days and his budding feelings for her.

She gazed intently at the climax. 

The female lead is leaving the town, boarding the train. She waves a happy goodbye to him, through her window.

"I'll see you on the big stage, director!"

And the train begins to move away.

The male lead watches the train moving farther and farther from the station, his hands in his pockets. His friend later asks him why he never conveyed his feelings to the female lead.

He says to him, "I'm not worthy of confessing to her just yet. I need to prove my own abilities first. It's a successful man who she deserves."

Maya walked out of the theatres. She opened her contact list on her phone. Her fingers hovered over the contact 'Ved'.

Her eyebrows scrunched. She clicked the power button and slid her phone into the pockets of her jeans.

Her eyes glanced up at the hazy sky.

The day was 1st January 2015.

Just a year ago, they had said goodbye.

˚₊ ❄︎

wordcount: 262 words