28 | a hazy winter sky

A FEW YEARS and a few films later, Ved asked Maya to meet him at the lighthouse in Bundok, in a mysterious, brief text.

Maya puzzled and confused, boarded the train to Bundok the next day. As soon as she got down, she went to the lighthouse.

The beach was empty and the skies were gray. A typical december winter sky in Bundok. She felt a quiet, small breeze ruffling the strands of her hair, as if it wanted to make it's presence known to her.

She approached the lighthouse and glanced around. All of a sudden, she heard a voice near her ear, "Sneaking into the lighthouse, are we?"

She blinked and frowned.

"Don't tell me it's off public limits again?"

Ved shrugged. Maya knew what he was up to. But she decided to play along.

"Then, I guess I'll just have to sneak in."

Ved followed her inside and they climbed up to the top most level. She couldn't wipe away the grin on her face as she proceeded in.

She looked out, holding onto the railings and smiling. "Man, it's been a while. I missed this view. So, why did you book-"

When she turned around, she stopped abruptly.

Ved, the director who had won at one of the biggest film festivals in the world, was there, kneeling in front of her.

"Will you marry me Maya? You did promise to solve all of life's puzzles with me."

Maya laughed. "Are you threatening me now?"

"I'm just holding you to your promise."

"There's no need for such guilt-trip tactics. You know I would say yes, always."

Ved slipped a ring onto her ring finger.

"I love you, Maya."

"I love you too, Ved."

Maya stared up at the sky that had witnessed all the moments throughout her life. Under the grey, hazy winter sky, she had found everything she needed. 

She had found him.

˚₊ ❄︎

wordcount: 365 words

author's note: thank you for reading may and ved's journey. we have come to the end.

THE END