21 | the realization

MAYA WATCHED as the next series of shots for the next day came to an end. Once, she was done packing up, she retired to her cabin with her assistant.

She, then, picked up a water bottle and her phone and sat outside her cabin.

Glancing to her left, she noted that the lights in the neighboring cabin were not on. So, Ved hadn't come back yet.

Maya pulled out her phone and clicked on Anu's contact.

The phone rang.

"Hello?"

"Hey."

"What's up?"

"You're with Vineet, right now?"

"No, he's gone out with Shrest. You need something from him?"

"No...it's just...I.."

"Take your time, Maya."

Maya took a deep breathe. "So, um, how do you know if you...like someone?"

There was a pause.

"YOU LIKE SOMEONE? OH. MY. GOD. WHO'S THIS WIZARD?"

Maya, "...."

"Okay, Okay, I'm just kidding."

Maya rolled her eyes. 

"So, to answer your question...it's a little difficult to explain. If you like a person, you just know it. Sometimes, you know it, subconsciously but you're too blinded by misunderstandings and other things to really explore the feeling."

"How was it like with you and Vineet?"

"It's like I said. I just knew. We didn't really have any sort of miscommunication or a wrong impression of each other so it was fairly easy for me to understand that I liked him romantically."

Maya let out a breath. It balled up into fog and disappeared with the wind.

"You think you like someone?"

"It's just like you said. I just know it. I like him. I understand that a little better now."

Anu hummed. Maya could practically hear her smile.

"But I have this funny feeling, you know. That I know him from somewhere."

"Wait, so who's this guy?"

"Remember Ved? From that one vacation I'd been-"

"Oh! The guy who became a director right?"

"The very same."

"You know him from that vacation then, right? What's with the funny feeling?"

"No, I feel like I've known him from before that?"

"Before? Which school did he study in?"

"Crysalis- Oh, wait a minute." Maya sat up straight. Ved is...around 3 years older than me. Which means, if I was in 3rd grade, then he was in...6th...?

"I think I remember Anu."

"Remember I told you about my first crush? I didn't really remember it very well, when I told you though."

"Yeah, I remember that. Don't tell me, he's the guy...?"

"I think it's him."

A pause.

"Wow."

"I know."

"That's literally destiny right there."

"Now, I wouldn't go that far. It was probably just co-incidence."

Anu chuckled. "Realistically, yeah. But let my romantic self be a little dramatic for awhile, would you?"

Maya laughed, in response.

"I should totally write a book on this."

Maya looked up at the stars. She was suddenly reminded of the days she had spent with him in the vacation.

When she looked up at the stars, she was reminded of the theory he had told her from the movie. I offer you a a galaxy of stars. What a pretty way of saying 'I love you'.

Her mind then flitted to the rainy day where they sat in the bus stop, talking about the other movie. Her eyes widened. 

"You've never had anyone you had a crush on?"

"Maybe this one guy when I was in third grade. He was older though. He was in 6th grade."

"I can't really remember what he looks like. I vaguely remember me saying something on some day and then walking away embarrassed. I don't remember what it was though."

"If you met that guy again, what would you say?"

"I don't even remember what he looks like. If I met him again, I wouldn't be able to recognize him at all."

"Right."

Maya blinked.

"Hello? Maya?"

"Yeah, I'm here." She said. How had he even known that she was that little 3rd grader?

"I think I need to hang up now, Anu. There's something I want to check."

"Sure, girl. Bye and good luck with your romantic endeavors."

"Shut up. Bye."

Maya let out a small smile as she hung up the phone. A determined look crossed her face.

There was something she needed to find out.

˚₊ ❄︎

wordcount: 644 words